Hoagland Custom, located in sunny Fernandina Beach, Florida, has specialized in custom guitar wiring and pickup building for over 25 years… & we love what we do!
This is a 2 humbucker Les Paul style harness. 2 volumes, 2 tones, setup to split both of your humbuckers at the same time by simply pulling up the neck volume pot.
It couldn’t be any easier!
You MUST have 4 or 5 wire humbuckers that are splittable to use this wiring harness.
It features 4 long-shaft pots and will drop right in to your Les Paul or your Les Paul style guitar.
It is “drop in ready”. That is, you only need to connect the pickups, switch, and ground wire… EASY!
Hardware option details:
- chrome – chrome dress washers & nuts, & a silver jack
- black – black dress washers & nuts, silver jack w/black dress washers/nuts
- gold – gold dress washers & nuts, & a gold jack
- This does NOT include a switch. If you also need the switch, we offer a lot of varieties. Message us before you buy.
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitors (2), as standard & no additional cost
- MojoTone Dijon Premium Foil/Film capacitors (2), $6 upgrade (From the manufacturer: “Mojotone Dijon capacitors are high quality foil/film capacitors made to our exact specification. We like to call them musical capacitors because of their good tone and transparency.”)
- Mallory “Mustard” capacitors (2), $8 upgrade
- Centralab mylar-in-oil capacitors (2), $26 upgrade
- Vitamin T “Silver Barrel” paper-in-oil capacitors (2), $28 upgrade
- Vitamin Q “Black Candy” paper-in-oil capacitors (2), $28 upgrade
- “Bumblebee” (reproductions) paper-in-oil capacitors (2)… the “Holy Grail of Capacitors” – $110 upgrade
Technical information regarding this Les Paul style harness:
CONTROL POT SPECS
- Resistance – 500K
- Taper – the pots are audio taper
- Knob type – 24 spline shaft
- Shaft diameter – 0.235″ (5.95mm)
- Thread type – 3/8″-32
- Threaded shaft length – 19mm / 3/4″ (long-shaft)
- Required mounting hole diameter – 3/8″ (9.52mm)
OUTPUT JACK SPECS
- Brand – Switchcraft
- Style – mono
- Mounting hole diameter – 3/8″ (9.52mm)
- Thread – 3/8″ x 32
- Thread length – 1/4″ (6.35m)
HARDWARE: (includes dress nuts & washers)
- chrome (standard)
- black (available at small additional cost)
- gold (available at small additional cost)
- P1 – Bridge pickup only
- P2 – Neck & bridge pickups together, in-series
- P3 – Neck pickup only
- 3 – 500k CTS volume & tone controls, long-shaft (19mm / 3/4″)
- 1 – 500k Alpha or Bourns push/pull volume control, 500k value, long-shaft (19mm / 3/4″)
- 2 – Sprague “Orange Drop” capacitors, .022mfd value
- Switchcraft mono output jack
- Gavitt vintage style, cloth covered wire
- easy-to-follow wiring diagram
- tech support phone & email
While all of our wiring solutions are built to be installed rather easily, we always recommend that you have a guitar professional at your local guitar shop install it for you. There are issues that sometimes come up during installation (grounding, etc.) and your local guitar tech is equipped to diagnose & handle those for you.
Contact Hoagland Custom with any questions regarding this wiring solution, our custom, handcrafted Hoagland Custom pickups, or any other guitar wiring solution that you might need.