Hoagland Custom has specialized in custom guitar wiring and pickup making for over 20 years and we love what we do!
If you have always wanted that neck/middle/bridge combination in your standard Stratocaster, this Hoagland Custom wiring harness will do it for you!
It features a push/pull neck tone pot (or an optional push/push, if you prefer). The push/pull pot converts the neck tone pot to a neck volume control to allow the neck to be blended in with the bridge and/or middle pickup. With the neck tone pot in the “UP” position, the neck volume works independent of the pickup switch allowing the neck pickup to be blended in with the bridge and/or middle pickup. The master volume will still control the overall volume of all pickups.
7 sound Strat wiring diagram w/3 single coils, a 5-way lever switch, 1 volume and 2 tones.
With the push/pull switch UP on the neck tone control, it allows for N+B and N+M+B pickup combinations.
With the push/pull switch DOWN, the controls provide standard Strat style switching and controls.
Give yourself that 3 pickup combination!
AVAILABLE HARDWARE: (incl. as standard, chrome dress nuts & washers, & switch mounting screws)
- chrome (standard)
- black (optional)
- gold (optional)
- Optional “Pure Tone” premium output jack, $6 upgrade
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, as standard
- MojoTone Dijon Premium Foil/Film capacitor, $3 upgrade (From the manufacturer: “Mojotone Dijon capacitors are high quality foil/film capacitors made to our exact specification. We like to call them musical capacitors because of their good tone and transparency.”)
- Mallory “Mustard” capacitor, $4 upgrade
- Centralab “Royal Blue” mylar-in-oil capacitor, $13 upgrade
- Vitamin T “Silver Barrel” paper-in-oil capacitor, $14 upgrade
- Vitamin Q “Black Candy” paper-in-oil capacitor, $14 upgrade
SWITCHING POSITIONS (w/push/pull DOWN):
- P1 – bridge pickup only
- P2 – bridge & middle pickups
- P3 – middle pickup only
- P4 – middle & neck pickups
- P5 – neck pickup only
SWITCHING POSITIONS (w/push/pull UP):
- P1 – bridge & neck pickups
- P2 – bridge, middle, & neck pickups
- P3 – middle pickup only
- P4 – neck, middle, & bridge pickups
- P5 – neck & bridge pickup
- 1 CTS or Bourns Pro Series volume control, 250k value, audio taper
- 1 CTS or Bourns Pro Series tone control, 250k value, linear taper
- 1 push/pull, 250k, linear taper
- 2 – Sprague “Orange Drops” poly caps, .047mfd value
- 5-way lever style switch
- Switchcraft mono output jack
- Gavitt vintage style, cloth covered wire
- easy to follow wiring diagram
- tech support phone & email
While all of our wiring solutions are built to be installed rather easily, we always recommend that you have a guitar professional at your local guitar shop install it for you. There are a lot of variables (pickup brands & types, shielding, grounding, etc.) and your local guitar tech is well equipped to solve any installation problems you might have and get your guitar sounding it’s best!