Hoagland Custom has specialized in custom guitar wiring and pickup making for over 25 years and we love what we do!
This is a 2 humbucker style wiring harness. It features 1 volume control, 1 tone control, & (as an available option) a 3-way toggle switch. Simple!
It features short-shaft volume & tone controls. It is also available in long-shaft pots.
It is “drop in ready”. That is, you only need to connect the pickups and ground wire… EASY!
- chrome – chrome dress washers & nuts & a silver jack
- black – black dress washers & nuts, & black nut & washer on a silver Switchcraft jack.
- gold – gold dress washers & nuts, & an all gold Switchcraft jack.
- chrome – Panasonic silver colored, short-shank toggle switch, Switchcraft silver colored, short-shank toggle switch, Switchcraft silver colored, long-shank toggle switch, Switchcraft silver colored, 90º toggle switch
- black – Panasonic black colored, short-shank toggle switch
- gold – Panasonic gold colored short-shank toggle switch, Switchcraft gold colored, long-shank toggle switch
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, as standard & no additional cost
- MojoTone Dijon Premium Foil/Film capacitor, $3 upgrade (From the manufacturer: “Mojotone Dijon capacitors are high quality foil/film capacitors made to our exact specification. We like to call them musical capacitors because of their good tone and transparency.”)
- Mallory “Mustard” capacitor, $4 upgrade
- Vitamin T “Silver Barrel” paper-in-oil capacitor, $12 upgrade
- Auricap XO “Hi-Res” Sonically Transparent capacitor, $20 upgrade. (From the manufacturer: “Auricap XO capacitors feature high-end engineering for unprecedented quality. Each 21 gauge lead contains 19-strands, and each strand is continuously cast in a vacuum, resulting in only 1 crystal barrier per foot (as opposed to the thousands in standard wire). The lead is then cryogenically treated and wrapped in red cross-linked polyethylene, resulting in permanently superior wire construction, throughput, and quality.”)
Technical information regarding this Les Paul style harness:
CONTROL POT SPECS
- Resistance – 500K
- Taper – volume is audio taper, tone is linear taper
- Knob type – 24 spline shaft
- Shaft diameter – 0.235″ (5.95mm)
- Thread type – 3/8″-32
- Threaded shaft length – 9mm / 3/8″ (long-shaft)
- Required mounting hole diameter – 3/8″ (9.52mm)
- Brand – Sprague/CDE
- Model – “Orange Drop”
- Style – poly
- Value – .022mfd
OUTPUT JACK SPECS
- Brand – Switchcraft
- Style – mono
- Mounting hole diameter – 3/8″ (9.52mm)
- Thread – 3/8″ x 32
- Thread length – 3/8″ (9mm)
HARDWARE: (includes dress nuts & washers)
- chrome (standard)
- black (available at small additional cost)
- gold (available at small additional cost)
- P1 – Bridge pickup only
- P2 – Neck & bridge pickups together, in-series
- P3 – Neck pickup only
- 2 CTS or Bourns Pro Series volume & tone controls, 500k value, short-shaft (9mm / 3/8″), audio taper
- 1 – Sprague “Orange Drop” capacitor, .022mfd value
- Switchcraft mono input jack
- vintage style, cloth covered wire
- easy-to-follow wiring diagram
- tech support phone & email
Contact Hoagland Custom with any questions regarding this wiring solution, our custom, handcrafted Hoagland Custom pickups, or any other guitar wiring solution that you might need.