Hoagland Custom, located in sunny Fernandina Beach, Florida, has specialized in custom guitar wiring and pickup making for over 25 years…
& we love what we do!
This is a 2 humbucker style wiring harness. It features 2 volume control and 1 tone control, & (as an available option) a 3-way toggle switch. Simple!
It features short-shaft volume & tone controls. It is also available in long-shaft pots.
As a premium option, we also offer the “Pure Tone” mono output jack.
It is “drop in ready”. That is, you only need to connect the pickups and ground wire… EASY!
- chrome – chrome dress washers & nuts & a silver jack
- Panasonic silver colored, short-shank toggle switch
- Switchcraft silver colored, short-shank toggle switch
- Switchcraft silver colored, long-shank toggle switch
- Switchcraft silver colored, 90º toggle switch
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, as standard & no additional cost
- MojoTone Dijon Premium Foil/Film capacitor, $3 upgrade (From the manufacturer: “Mojotone Dijon capacitors are high quality foil/film capacitors made to our exact specification. We like to call them musical capacitors because of their good tone and transparency.”)
- Mallory “Mustard” capacitor, $4 upgrade
- Centralab “White” mylar-in-oil capacitor, $13 upgrade
- Vitamin T “Silver Barrel” paper-in-oil capacitor, $14 upgrade
- Vitamin Q “Black Candy” paper-in-oil capacitor, $16 upgrade
Technical information regarding this Les Paul style harness:
CONTROL POT SPECS
- Resistance – 500K
- Taper – volume is audio taper, tone is linear taper
- Knob type – 24 spline shaft
- Shaft diameter – 0.235″ (5.95mm)
- Thread type – 3/8″-32
- Threaded shaft length – 9mm / 3/8″ (long-shaft)
- Required mounting hole diameter – 3/8″ (9.52mm)
- Brand – Sprague/CDE
- Model – “Orange Drop”
- Style – poly
- Value – .022mfd
OUTPUT JACK SPECS
- Brand – Switchcraft
- Style – mono
- Mounting hole diameter – 3/8″ (9.52mm)
- Thread – 3/8″ x 32
- Thread length – 3/8″ (9mm)
- P1 – Bridge pickup only
- P2 – Neck & bridge pickups together, in-series
- P3 – Neck pickup only
- 2 CTS or Bourns Pro Series volume controls, 500k value, audio taper, short-shaft (9mm / 3/8″)
- 1 – Sprague “Orange Drop” capacitor, .022mfd value
- Switchcraft mono output jack
- Gavitt vintage style, cloth covered wire
- easy-to-follow wiring diagram
- tech support phone & email
Contact Hoagland Custom with any questions regarding this wiring solution, our custom, handcrafted Hoagland Custom pickups, or any other guitar wiring solution that you might need.