Hoagland Custom has specialized in custom guitar wiring and pickup building for over 25 years… & we love what we do!
This Tele wiring harness will give you an additional switch position and a cool extra tone that your standard 3-way Tele does not have.
It is a 4-way series/parallel switching Telecaster wiring harness.
This Telecaster wiring solution is built specifically for a 1 humbucker (neck position) and 1 single coil (bridge position) Telecaster.
OPTIONAL HARDWARE: (included at no additional cost are dress washers & nuts and switch mounting screws)
- Chrome control plate & mounting screws at slight additional cost
- Black control plate & mounting screws at slight additional cost
- Gold control plate & mounting screws at slight additional cost
- Nickel control plate & mounting screws at slight additional cost
- “Pure Tone” premium mono output jack
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, as standard & no additional cost
- MojoTone Dijon Premium Foil/Film capacitor, $3 upgrade (From the manufacturer: “Mojotone Dijon capacitors are high quality foil/film capacitors made to our exact specification. We like to call them musical capacitors because of their great tone and transparency.”)
- Mallory “Mustard” capacitor, $4 upgrade
- Centralab “Royal Blue” mylar-in-oil capacitor, $13 upgrade
- Vitamin T “Silver Barrel” paper-in-oil capacitor, $14 upgrade
- P1 – bridge pickup only
- P2 – neck & bridge pickups, in-parallel (normal Tele tone)
- P3 – neck pickup only
- P4 – neck & bridge, in-series (a 15%boost in power and much better tone!)
- 2 CTS or Bourns Pro Series volume & tone controls, 300k value
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, .047mfd value
- 4-way lever style switch
- Switchcraft mono output jack
- Gavitt vintage style, cloth covered wire
- tech support phone & email
While all of our wiring solutions are built to be installed rather easily, every guitar is different. We always recommend that you have a professional guitar technician at your local guitar shop install it for you. They are experienced troubleshooters and are equipped to get the best from your setup!