Hoagland Custom has specialized in custom guitar wiring and pickup making for over 25 years and we love what we do!
This Tele wiring harness will give you an additional switch position and a cool extra tone that your standard Tele does not have.
It is a 4-way “series/parallel switching Telecaster wiring harness.
This Telecaster wiring solution is built specifically for a 1 humbucker (neck position) and 1 single coil (bridge position) Telecaster.
HARDWARE: (included at no additional cost are dress washers & nuts and switch mounting screws)
- Chrome control plate & mounting screws at slight additional cost
- Black control plate & mounting screws at slight additional cost
- Gold control plate & mounting screws at slight additional cost
- Nickel control plate & mounting screws at slight additional cost
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, as standard & no additional cost
- MojoTone Dijon Premium Foil/Film capacitor, $3 upgrade (From the manufacturer: “Mojotone Dijon capacitors are high quality foil/film capacitors made to our exact specification. We like to call them musical capacitors because of their great tone and transparency.”)
- Mallory “Mustard” capacitor, $4 upgrade
- Vitamin T “Silver Barrel” paper-in-oil capacitor, $12 upgrade
- P1 – bridge pickup only
- P2 – neck & bridge pickups, in-parallel (normal Tele tone)
- P3 – neck pickup only
- P4 – neck & bridge, in-series (a 15%boost in power and much better tone!)
- CTS or Bourns Pro Series volume & tone controls, 300k value
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, .047mfd value
- 4-way lever style switch
- Switchcraft mono output jack
- vintage style, cloth covered wire
- tech support phone & email
While all of our wiring solutions are built to be installed rather easily, every guitar is different. We always recommend that you have a professional guitar technician at your local guitar shop install it for you. They are experienced troubleshooters and are equipped to get the best from your setup!