Hoagland Custom, located in sunny Fernandina Beach, Florida, has specialized in custom guitar wiring and pickup making for over 25 years… we love what we do!
Hoagland Custom’s “Bill Lawrence” mod designed by Bill Lawrence and built to coax the best possible tone out of your existing pickups and it gives you some GREAT options!
HARDWARE: (included as standard are dress nuts & washers and switch mounting screws)
- Optional chrome control plate, knobs, & mounting screws
- Optional chrome control plate with slanted switch, knobs, & mounting screws
- Optional black control plate, knobs, & mounting screws
- Optional gold control plate, knobs, & mounting screws
- Optional nickel control plate, knobs, & mounting screws
- 2 Sprague “Orange Drop” capacitors, 1 – .022mfd value & 1 – .015mfd value, standard
- 2 Emerson Custom premium paper-in-oil capacitors, 1 – .022mfd value & 1 – .015mfd value, $48 upgrade
- P1 – neck only (with 10% less bottom end – less muddy sounding)
- P2 – neck & bridge, in-parallel (both pickups but half out-of-phase with each other)
- P3 – bridge only (this front position is the standard Tele bridge tone)
- P4 – neck & bridge, in-parallel (normal Tele tone with both pickups)
- P5 – neck only (this position is the same as on a standard Telecaster)
- CTS or Bourns Pro Series volume control, 250k value, audio taper
- CTS or Bourns Pro Series tone control, 250k value, linear taper
- 2 Sprague “Orange Drop” capacitors, 1 – .022mfd value & 1 – .015mfd value
- 5-way lever style switch
- Switchcraft mono output jack
- Gavitt vintage style, cloth covered wire
- easy to follow wiring diagram
- tech support phone & email
While we make all of our wiring harnesses to be installed rather easily, we always recommend that you take your guitar, Hoagland Custom wiring harness, and the wiring diagram to your local guitar technician for installation. There are a lot of variables (grounding, pickup wires colors, etc., etc.) and they will be equipped to get your guitar sounding it’s BEST!