“Brent Mason” Telecaster wiring harness with standard 3-way Tele switching…
If you have (or want to build) a Brent Mason “Power” Tele, this is the harness for you! It incorporates standard 3-way Tele switching and is chock full of premium quality parts! It fits right into the Tele electronics cutout and is simple to solder in. We include a very easy-to-understand wiring diagram.
This wiring harness gives you the functionality of a Tele AND the independent volume control of a middle pickup.
The middle pickup is controlled by the center-mounted, push/pull pot on the control plate. It is NOT part of the 3-way switching. The middle pickup is always on. You can pot up the volume with the push/pull & combine it with either the neck, bridge, or both!
HARDWARE: (included are dress nuts & washers and switch mounting screws)
- optional custom drilled chrome control plate & mounting screws ($28 upgrade)
- optional custom drilled chrome “slanted switch” control plate & mounting screws ($31 upgrade)
- optional custom drilled black control plate & mounting screws ($34 upgrade)
- optional custom drilled gold control plate & mounting screws ($38 upgrade)
- optional custom drilled nickel control plate & mounting screws ($28 upgrade)
- optional knobs are also available on this website
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, as standard & no additional cost, .022mfd value
- MojoTone Dijon Premium Foil/Film capacitor, .022mfd value, $3 upgrade (From the manufacturer: “Mojotone Dijon capacitors are high quality foil/film capacitors made to our exact specification. We like to call them musical capacitors because of their good tone and transparency.”)
- Mallory “Mustard” capacitor, .022mfd value, $4 upgrade
- Vitamin T “Silver Barrel” paper-in-oil capacitor, .022mfd value, $12 upgrade
- P1 – bridge only
- P2 – bridge & neck, in-parallel (normal Tele tone)
- P3 – neck only
- 1 CTS or Bourns Pro Series volume pot, 500k value, audio taper
- 1 CTS or Bourns Pro Series tone pot, 500k value, linear taper
- 1 Bourns 500k push/pull pot for the middle pickup volume & to throw it into series or parallel
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, .022mfd value
- 3-way lever style switch
- Switchcraft mono output jack
- vintage style, cloth covered wire
- tech support phone & email
While we make all of our wiring harnesses to be installed rather easily, we always recommend that you take your guitar, Hoagland Custom wiring harness, and the wiring diagram to your local guitar technician for installation. There are a lot of variables (grounding, pickup wires colors, etc., etc.) and they will be equipped to get your guitar sounding it’s BEST!