“Brent Mason” Telecaster wiring harness with 4-way switching…
If you have (or want to build) a Brent Mason “Power” Tele, this is the harness for you! It incorporates 4-way switching (rather than the standard 3-way switching) and is chock full of premium quality parts! It fits right into the Tele electronics cutout and is simple to solder in. We include a very easy-to-understand wiring diagram.
This wiring harness gives you the functionality of a Tele with series/parallel switching (a great option!) AND the independent volume control of a middle pickup.
The middle pickup is controlled by the center-mounted, push/pull pot on the control plate. It is NOT part of the 4-way switching. The middle pickup is always on and can be potted up or down with the push/pull pot.
HARDWARE: (included are dress nuts/washers and switch mounting screws)
- optional custom drilled chrome control plate & mounting screws
- optional custom drilled nickel control plate & mounting screws
- optional custom drilled black control plate & mounting screws
- optional custom drilled gold control plate & mounting screws
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, as standard & no additional cost
- MojoTone Dijon Premium Foil/Film capacitor, $2 upgrade (From the manufacturer: “Mojotone Dijon capacitors are high quality foil/film capacitors made to our exact specification. We like to call them musical capacitors because of their good tone and transparency.”)
- Tai Han “Black Bee” paper-in-oil capacitor, $8 upgrade
- Vitamin “T” paper-in-oil capacitor, $11 upgrade
- Auricap XO “Hi-Res” Sonically Transparent capacitor, $20 upgrade. (From the manufacturer: “Auricap XO capacitors feature high-end engineering for unprecedented quality. Each 21 gauge lead contains 19-strands, and each strand is continuously cast in a vacuum, resulting in only 1 crystal barrier per foot (as opposed to the thousands in standard wire). The lead is then cryogenically treated and wrapped in red cross-linked polyethylene, resulting in permanently superior wire construction, throughput, and quality.”)
- P1 – bridge pickup
- P2 – bridge & neck, in-parallel (normal Tele tone)
- P3 – neck pickup
- P4 – bridge * neck, in-series (about 15% more power & better tone!)
- 1 CTS or Bourns Pro Series volume pot, 500k value, audio taper
- 1 CTS or Bourns Pro Series tone pot, 500k value, linear taper
- Bourns 500k push/pull pot for the middle pickup volume & to throw it into series or parallel
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, .022mfd value
- 4-way lever style switch
- Switchcraft mono input jack
- vintage style, cloth covered wire
- tech support phone & email
While we make all of our wiring harnesses to be installed rather easily, we always recommend that you take your guitar, Hoagland Custom wiring harness, and the wiring diagram to your local guitar technician for installation. There are a lot of variables (grounding, pickup wires colors, etc., etc.) and they will be equipped to get your guitar sounding it’s BEST!