Hoagland Custom has specialized in custom guitar wiring and pickup making for over 25 years and we love what we do!
This is the VERY FIRST Telecaster wiring offered by Fender! The 1st Telecaster (Broadkaster) was wired exactly like this!
The 1950 Broadcasters and (later) Telecasters had a few differences between them: different shaped necks, slight differences in the bodies, the pickups were different (the bridge was slightly hotter than conventional Teles and the neck was underwound quite a bit for more clarity and less muddiness), and the wiring was different.
This Broadcaster with Blend wiring harness allows you to combine the neck pickup with the bridge pickup by blending in just as much neck pickup as you like.
HARDWARE: (included are dress washers/nuts & switch mounting screws)
- optional chrome control plate & mounting screws
- optional nickel control plate & mounting screws
- optional black control plate & mounting screws
- optional gold control plate & mounting screws
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, as standard & no additional cost
- MojoTone Dijon Premium Foil/Film capacitor, $2 upgrade (From the manufacturer: “Mojotone Dijon capacitors are high quality foil/film capacitors made to our exact specification. We like to call them musical capacitors because of their good tone and transparency.”)
- Tai Han “Black Bee” paper-in-oil capacitor, $8 upgrade
- Vitamin “T” paper-in-oil capacitor, $11 upgrade
- Auricap XO “Hi-Res” Sonically Transparent capacitor, $20 upgrade. (From the manufacturer: “Auricap XO capacitors feature high-end engineering for unprecedented quality. Each 21 gauge lead contains 19-strands, and each strand is continuously cast in a vacuum, resulting in only 1 crystal barrier per foot (as opposed to the thousands in standard wire). The lead is then cryogenically treated and wrapped in red cross-linked polyethylene, resulting in permanently superior wire construction, throughput, and quality.”)
- P1 – Bridge pickup with active blender to allow neck pickup to be added
- P2 – Neck pickup alone – blender does nothing
- P3 – Neck pickup with .05mfd capacitor (very warm tone, blender does nothing)
- CTS or Bourns Pro Series volume control, 250k value, audio taper
- CTS blend control, 250k value, linear taper
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, .047mfd value
- 15k resistor, 1/2watt
- 3-way lever style switch
- Switchcraft mono input jack
- vintage style, cloth covered wire
- easy-to-follow wiring diagram
- tech support phone & email
Contact Hoagland Custom with any questions regarding this wiring solution, our custom, handcrafted Hoagland Custom pickups, or any other guitar wiring solution that you might need.