Hoagland Custom has specialized in custom guitar wiring and pickup making for over 20 years and we love what we do!
This is a Stratocaster wiring solution built with high quality parts and crafted by hand. This wiring harness will give you great service for years! We only use the highest quality parts for our wiring harnesses.
This Buddy Guy Stratocaster wiring harness is modeled after the Fender® Custom Shop “Buddy Guy” model guitar.
According to what we’ve been able to find, his guitar was, essentially, a mexican Strat.
We custom wind pickups as well so, if you’d like a set of bluesy sounding pickups wound specifically for you, we can do that!
Will buying and installing this wiring harness give you Buddy Guy licks? Of course not. Will you be able to get the same tone out of your Strat that he gets? Not without his fingers on your hands. Will it make your guitar sound better than it does today? Absolutely.
HARDWARE: (incl. dress nuts & washers, & switch mounting screws)
- chrome (standard)
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, as standard & no additional cost
- MojoTone Dijon Premium Foil/Film capacitor, $2 upgrade (From the manufacturer: “Mojotone Dijon capacitors are high quality foil/film capacitors made to our exact specification. We like to call them musical capacitors because of their good tone and transparency.”)
- Talihan “Black Bee” paper-in-oil capacitor, $8 upgrade
- Vitamin Q “Black Candy” paper-in-oil capacitor, $11 upgrade
- Auricap XO “Hi-Res” Sonically Transparent paper-in-oil capacitor, $20 upgrade. (From the manufacturer: “Auricap XO capacitors feature high-end engineering for unprecedented quality. Each 21 gauge lead contains 19-strands, and each strand is continuously cast in a vacuum, resulting in only 1 crystal barrier per foot (as opposed to the thousands in standard wire). The lead is then cryogenically treated and wrapped in red cross-linked polyethylene, resulting in permanently superior wire construction, throughput, and quality.”)
- P1 – neck only (upper tone control)
- P2 – neck (upper tone control) & middle (lower tone control)
- P3 – middle only (lower tone control)
- P4 – middle (lower tone control) & bridge (no tone control – raw pickup tone)
- P5 – bridge only (no tone control – raw pickup tone)
- 1 CTS brand volume control, 250k value, audio taper
- 2 CTS brand tone controls, 250k value, linear taper
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, .022mfd value
- CRL brand 5-way lever style switch
- Switchcraft mono input jack
- vintage style, cloth covered wire
- easy to follow wiring diagram
- tech support phone & email
While all of our wiring solutions are built to be installed rather easily, we always recommend that you have a guitar professional at your local guitar shop install it for you. There are a lot of variables (pickup brands & types, shielding, grounding, etc.) and your local guitar tech is well equipped to solve any installation problems you might have and get your guitar sounding it’s best!