Hoagland Custom, located in sunny Fernandina Beach, Florida, has been creating high quality, handcrafted guitar wiring harnesses & pickups for over 25 years… & we LOVE what we do!
This is a custom, handcrafted loaded Telecaster electronics package just chock full of the BEST COMPONENTS!
We have paired our handcrafted and very popular “DUAL CAPACITOR” Telecaster 4-way switching wiring harness with our “Texas Specials” set of custom-wound pickups and your choice of pickguards for an AMAZING PACKAGE!
This LOADED TELE PICKGUARD PACKAGE pairs your choice of pickguards, a set of pickups, and all new wiring in a single, easy-to-install package!
If you have ever wished that you had the benefit of 2 different values of caps to roll into your tone, this is your harness! It features a .022mfd cap (normally used for humbuckers) and a .047mfd value cap (normally used on single coils). The center point of the tone control rolls in zero amount of cap. When you roll it down toward “0”, it rolls in one cap value and when you roll it up toward “10”, it rolls in the other cap value.
It incorporates series/parallel 4-way Tele switching and is chock full of premium quality parts! It fits right into the Tele electronics cutout and is simple to solder in. We include a very easy-to-understand wiring diagram.
“DUAL CAPACITOR” WIRING HARNESS DETAILS:
- CTS or Bourns Pro Series volume control, 250k value, audio taper
- CTS or Bourns Pro Series tone control, 1meg value, linear taper
- Sprague “Orange Drop” capacitors (2), a .022mfd value and a .047mfd value
- High quality 4-way lever style switch
- Switchcraft mono output jack
- Control plate (chrome, black, gold, or nickel)
- Dress washers/nuts, mounting screws
- Gavitt vintage style, cloth covered wire
- tech support phone & email
- P1 – bridge only
- P2 – neck & bridge pickups, in-parallel (normal Tele tone)
- P3 – neck only
- P4 – neck & bridge pickups, in-series (15% higher output & better tone!)
- Pickguard choices: white (5 or 8-hole), black (5 or 8-hole), parchment (5 or 8-hole), mint green (8-hole), paisley (5-hole), tortoiseshell (8-hole)
- Pickguard mounting screws
“TEXAS SPECIALS” STYLE PICKUP DETAILS
- ~ Neck – a smokin’ hot 9k! – (with alnico 5 magnets) chrome neck cover included
- ~ Bridge – a screamin’ hot 10.2k – (baseplate included)
- ~ Wax-potted to eliminate squealing & microphonics
- ~ Gavitt vintage-style, cloth-covered leads
- ~ Handcrafted with all “Made in the USA” parts (bobbins in North Carolina, magnets in Arkansas, pickup wire in Wisconsin, lead wire in New York)This is a warmer, bluesier tone neck pickup than stock. It features a slightly taller resulting in a badass sounding neck pickup! Not your typical muddy tone that you’re used to in that old stock Tele. The bridge pickup is WAY overwound (+40%) with a thinner coil wire resulting in a more compressed & resonant tone. Usually, when you overwind a pickup, it results in a hotter pickup with less highs, more mids and lows UNLESS you overwind it with a thinner coil wire. Using a thinner coil wire and a slightly taller bobbin results in a snappy, open, marginally brighter tone. Interesting combination…
There are a lot of variables that go into creating, or recreating a tone. While each item in your signal chain is important, no one item will do the job. Pickups, along with the way your guitar is wired, are probably the most important parts in your signal chain. Changing out the pickups/wiring has the biggest impact on your sound. If you are looking for a better-than-stock-Fender tone, THIS is where you start. Premium quality pickups that are handwound when you order them. We can custom-tailor the winding or the types of magnets to any spec that you’d like.
While all of our pickup and wiring solutions are made to be installed easily by most do-it-yourself’ers, we always recommend that you have your local guitar professional install them for you. There are a lot of variables that can occur (grounding problems, cold solder joints, etc., etc.) and your local guitar professional is very well versed on the solutions to those issues.
Contact Hoagland Custom with any questions regarding this loaded pickguard.