This is a dual cap Telecaster wiring harness with 3-way standard Tele switching…
If you have ever wished that you had the benefit of 2 different values of caps to roll into your tone, this is your harness! This features a .022mfd cap (normally used for humbuckers) and a .047mfd value cap (normally used on single coils) installed on the tone control. The center point of his tone control rolled in zero amount of cap. When you roll it down toward “0”, it rolls in one cap value and when you roll it up toward “10”, it rolls in the other cap value.
It incorporates standard 3-way Tele switching and is chock full of premium quality parts! It fits right into the Tele electronics cutout and is simple to solder in. We include a very easy-to-understand wiring diagram.
HARDWARE: (included are dress washers/nuts & switch mounting screws)
- optional chrome control plate & mounting screws
- optional nickel control plate & mounting screws
- optional black control plate & mounting screws
- optional gold control plate & mounting screws
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitors (2), as standard & no additional cost
- MojoTone Dijon Premium Foil/Film capacitors (2), $4 upgrade (From the manufacturer: “Mojotone Dijon capacitors are high quality foil/film capacitors made to our exact specification. We like to call them musical capacitors because of their good tone and transparency.”)
- Tai Han “Black Bee” paper-in-oil capacitors (2), $16 upgrade
- Vitamin T “Silver Barrel” paper-in-oil capacitors (2), $22 upgrade
- Vitamin Q “Black Candy” paper-in-oil capacitors (2), $22 upgrade
- P1 – bridge only
- P2 – bridge & neck, in-parallel (normal Tele tone)
- P3 – neck only
- 1 CTS or Bourns Pro Series volume control, 250k value, audio taper
- 1 CTS or Bourns Pro Series tone control, 1meg value, linear taper
- Sprague “Orange Drop” capacitors (2), a .022mfd value and a .047mfd value
- High quality 3-way lever style switch
- Switchcraft mono input jack
- vintage style, cloth covered wire
- tech support phone & email
While we make all of our wiring harnesses to be installed rather easily, we always recommend that you take your guitar, Hoagland Custom wiring harness, and the wiring diagram to your local guitar technician for installation. There are a lot of variables (grounding, pickup wires colors, etc., etc.) and they will be equipped to get your guitar sounding it’s BEST!