Hoagland Custom has specialized in custom guitar wiring and pickup making for over 25 years and we love what we do!
This is a Stratocaster wiring solution built with high quality parts and crafted by hand. This wiring harness will give you great service for years! We only use the highest quality parts for our wiring harnesses.
This Hoagland Custom “Deluxe Fat Strat” Stratocaster style wiring harness is modeled after the Fender® “Deluxe Fat Strat” model guitar.
Will this wiring solution make your guitar sound MUCH better than it does today? Absolutely.
HARDWARE: (incl. dress nuts & washers, & switch mounting screws)
- chrome (standard)
- black (available at small additional cost)
- gold (available at small additional cost)
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitors (2), as standard & no additional cost
- MojoTone Dijon Premium Foil/Film capacitors (2), $4 upgrade (From the manufacturer: “Mojotone Dijon capacitors are high quality foil/film capacitors made to our exact specification. We like to call them musical capacitors because of their good tone and transparency.”)
- Tai Han “Black Bee” paper-in-oil capacitors (2), $16 upgrade
- Vitamin T “Silver Barrel” paper-in-oil capacitors (2), $22 upgrade
- Vitamin Q “Black Candy” paper-in-oil capacitors (2), $22 upgrade
- Auricap XO “Hi-Res” Sonically Transparent capacitors (2), $40 upgrade. (From the manufacturer: “Auricap XO capacitors feature high-end engineering for unprecedented quality. Each 21 gauge lead contains 19-strands, and each strand is continuously cast in a vacuum, resulting in only 1 crystal barrier per foot (as opposed to the thousands in standard wire). The lead is then cryogenically treated and wrapped in red cross-linked polyethylene, resulting in permanently superior wire construction, throughput, and quality.”)
- P1 – neck pickup only (upper tone control)
- P2 – middle pickup only (upper tone control)
- P3 – middle pickup only (upper tone control)
- P4 – middle pickup (upper tone control) & bridge, split to single coil (lower tone control)
- P5 – bridge humbucker, full (lower tone control)
- 1 CTS or Bourns Pro Series volume control, 500k value, audio taper
- 2 CTS or Bourns Pro Series tone controls, 250k value, linear taper
- 2 Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitors, .022mfd & .047mfd values
- 5-way lever style “Super Switch”
- Switchcraft mono input jack
- vintage style, cloth covered wire
- easy to follow wiring diagram
- tech support phone & email
While all of our wiring solutions are built to be installed rather easily, we always recommend that you have a guitar professional at your local guitar shop install it for you. There are a lot of variables (pickup brands & types, shielding, grounding, etc.) and your local guitar tech is well equipped to solve any installation problems you might have and get your guitar sounding it’s best!