Hoagland Custom, located in sunny Fernandina Beach, Florida, has specialized in custom guitar wiring and pickup making for over 25 years…
& we love what we do!
This Tele Esquire wiring solution is made with premium quality parts… CTS, Bourns, Switchcraft, Sprague, Gavitt.
This is a rock solid wiring solution for your Esquire. Get rid of the electronics in your guitar that aren’t helping your tone and load your Tele up with a “Made In The USA” (everything but the capacitor) wiring harness that is built like a tank! Very easy to install.
This Esquire wiring harness will take your single humbucker and wire it in-series, in-parallel, and split it into a single coil! Your humbucker must have either 4 or 5 wires and be splittable for this harness to function as it should.
This DOES NOT include the control plate but they are available.
This harness uses 500k pots.
HARDWARE: (included at no additional cost are dress nuts & washers and switch mounting screws)
- chrome control plate & mounting screws are available (slight additional cost)
- chrome control plate w/slanted switch & mounting screws are available (slight additional cost)
- black control plate & mounting screws are available (slight additional cost)
- gold control plate & mounting screws are available (slight additional cost)
- nickel control plate & mounting screws are available (slight additional cost)
- optional “Pure Tone” output jack (slight additional cost)
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, as standard & no additional cost, .022mfd value
- MojoTone Dijon Premium Foil/Film capacitor, .022mfd value, $3 upgrade (From the manufacturer: “Mojotone Dijon capacitors are high quality foil/film capacitors made to our exact specification. We like to call them musical capacitors because of their good tone and transparency.”)
- Mallory “Mustard” capacitor, .022mfd value, $4 upgrade
- Centralab “White” mylar-in-oil capacitor, .022mfd value, $13 upgrade
- Vitamin T “Silver Barrel” paper-in-oil capacitor, .022mfd value, $14 upgrade
- Vitamin Q “Black Candy” paper-in-oil capacitor, .022mfd value, $16 upgrade
- P1 – both coils in-parallel (normal Tele tone)
- P2 – split to a single coil
- P3 – both coils in-series (a 15% boost in power and better tone!)
- CTS or Bourns Pro Series volume control, 500k value, audio taper
- CTS or Bourns Pro Series tone control, 500k value, linear taper
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, .022mfd value
- 3-way lever style switch
- Switchcraft mono output jack
- Gavitt vintage style, cloth covered wire
- east to follow wiring diagram
- tech support phone & email
While all of our wiring solutions are built to be installed rather easily, we always recommend that you have a guitar professional at your local guitar shop install it for you.
Contact Hoagland Custom with any questions regarding this wiring solution, our custom, handcrafted Hoagland Custom pickups, or any other guitar wiring solution that you might need.