Hoagland Custom, located in sunny Fernandina Beach, Florida, has specialized in custom guitar wiring and pickup making for almost 30 years…
& we love what we do!
This Esquire “Mike Eldred” mod wiring solution is made with premium quality parts… CTS, Bourns, Switchcraft, Sprague.
Read about it here in an article in “Premiere Guitar” magazine: Mike Eldred article
HARDWARE: (included are the dress washers/nuts and switch mounting screws)
- Silver nuts, washers, output jack, & switch mounting screws
- Optional – Black & gold finishes are also available
- Optional – Several types & finishes of control plates are available here in our website shop
- Optional – “Pure Tone” premium mono output jack
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor & ceramic disc cap, .022mfd value
Position #1 – This rear position is the same as on a standard Esquire. The pickup is routed through the volume control only, with the tone control bypassed for a hotter, louder lead sound with extra highs.
Position #2 – This middle position is also the same as on a standard Esquire, with the pickup routed through the volume and tone controls. It sounds a little warmer than position #1.
Position #3 – In the front position of the Eldred Esquire wiring, the pickup is routed through a single, small capacitor and volume control, with the tone control bypassed once again. It consists of removing the fixed treble roll-off network and replacing it with a capacitor. It’s a very effective mod that’s both versatile and useful.
- 1 CTS or Bourns Pro Series volume control, 500k value, audio taper
- 1 CTS or Bourns Pro Series tone control, 500k value, linear taper
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, .022mfd value
- Capacitor, .0022mfd value
- 3-way lever style switch
- Switchcraft mono output jack
- Gavitt vintage style, cloth covered wire
- east to follow wiring diagram
- tech support phone & email
While all of our wiring solutions are built to be installed rather easily, we always recommend that you have a guitar professional at your local guitar shop install it for you.