Hoagland Custom, located in sunny Fernandina Beach, Florida, has specialized in custom guitar wiring and pickup making for almost 30 years…
& we love what we do!
This Esquire “Mike Eldred” mod wiring solution is made with premium quality parts… CTS, Bourns, Switchcraft, Sprague, Centralab, Mallory.
This is for a 1 single coil Tele and it features “Eldred Mod” 3-way switching.
This is a rock solid wiring solution for your Esquire. Get rid of the electronics in your guitar that aren’t helping your tone and load your Tele up with a “Made In The USA” (everything but the capacitor) wiring harness that is built like a tank! Very easy to install.
The Eldred wiring is named after Mike Eldred, who directs the Fender Custom Shop. Mike came up with this wiring for his personal Esquire and it was an instant success.
- Silver nuts, washers, output jack, & switch mounting screws
- Optional – Black & gold nuts, washers, output jacks, & switch mounting screws are also available
- Optional – “Pure Tone” premium quality output jack
- Vitamin Q “Black Candy” paper-in-oil tone capacitor (.047mfd value) & 1 .0047mfd value audio film cap
Position #1 – This rear position is the same as on a standard Esquire. The pickup is routed through the volume control only, with the tone control bypassed for a hotter, louder lead sound with extra highs.
Position #2 – This middle position is also the same as on a standard Esquire, with the pickup routed through the volume and tone controls. It sounds a little warmer than position #1.
Position #3 – In the front position of the Eldred Esquire wiring, the pickup is routed through a single, small capacitor and volume control, with the tone control bypassed once again. It consists of removing the fixed treble roll-off network and replacing it with a capacitor. It’s a very effective mod that’s both versatile and useful.
- CTS or Bourns Pro Series volume control, 250k value, audio taper
- CTS or Bourns Pro Series tone control, 250k value, linear taper
- Vitamin Q “Black Candy” paper-in-oil tone capacitor, .047mfd value
- Audio film capacitor, .0047mfd value
- High quality 3-way lever style switch
- Switchcraft mono output jack
- Gavitt vintage style, cloth covered wire
- east to follow wiring diagram
- tech support phone & email
While all of our wiring solutions are built to be installed rather easily, we always recommend that you have a guitar professional at your local guitar shop install it for you.
Contact Hoagland Custom with any questions regarding this wiring solution, our custom, handcrafted Hoagland Custom pickups, or any other guitar wiring solution that you might need.