Hoagland Custom is a guitar custom shop located in Fernandina Beach, Floridao. We are a DIY based shop, that is, we carry a TON of parts and tools for the do-it-yourselfer.
This is a complete “Flying V” style 2 volume, 1 master tone control, 3-way toggle switch wiring harness kit. It includes everything that you need (aside from the soldering gun) to build a very high quality wiring harness for your “Flying V” or other 2 volume, 1 master tone control guitar.
- 2 – 500k CTS or Bourns Pro Series brand audio taper, short-shaft (3/8″ or 9mm) volume controls
- 1 – 500k CTS or Bourns Pro Series brand linear taper, short-shaft (3/8″ or 9mm) tone control
- 1 – .047 value Sprague “Orange Drop” capacitor
- 1 – 3-way toggle switch, short shaft
- 1 Switchcraft output jack
- 2′ of vintage style, cloth-covered wire (12″ each of black and white)
- 12″ each of red, white, black, & green plastic coated wire
- a detailed, easy to understand wiring diagram (not a technical sheet)
- a generous amount of solder
The short-shaft pots have a 9mm threaded section and will fit nicely through the “Flying V” pickguard.
SWITCHING POSITIONS WITH THIS WIRING HARNESS:
- P1 – Bridge pickup only
- P2 – Neck & bridge pickups
- P3 – Neck pickup only
While all of our pickup & wiring solutions & kits are built to be installed rather easily by most do-it-yourselfers, we always recommend that you have a guitar professional at your local guitar shop install them for you.
This “Flying V” style wiring harness is not considered complex and should be easy for a beginning DIY’er.
Contact Hoagland Custom with any questions regarding these handcrafted Hoagland Custom pickups, or any other guitar wiring solution that you might need.