Hoagland Custom, located in sunny Fernandina Beach, Florida, has specialized in custom guitar wiring and pickup making for over 25 years…
& we love what we do!
Our standard Jaguar wiring solution. Handcrafted here in our shop in Fernandina Beach, Florida. When possible, we use all US-made parts. Assembled with care and crafted by hand. We do not make this harness until you place your order. Each wiring harness is custom built to suit our customer’s needs. It drops right in and is very easy to install. This harness is complete and ready for installation into your Jaguar.
This Jaguar wiring solution does not include the pickguard, the control plates, or the roller knobs but we do carry a very good selection of pickguards, control plates, & roller knobs in-stock in our shop.
This Jaguar comes completely wired. This Jaguar harness is for use in a Jaguar body that is fully routed with no channel holes to pass through.
Traditionally, the Jaguar had 2 circuits: lead & rhythm. The lead circuit allows for the activation of both pickups on 3 slide switches on a chrome plate while the rhythm circuit only deals with the neck pickup through the control on the upper control plate. It should be noted that, when in the rhythm setting, the bridge pickup is deactivated.
THE LEAD CIRCUIT:
The Jaguar’s lead circuit is pretty straightforward. There is one master volume knob and one master tone knob, both located on the lower pickguard.
THE RHYTHM CIRCUIT:
To activate the Jaguar’s rhythm circuit–which is fully separate from the lead–simply move the upper slide switch to the “up” position (away from the neck). The two inside wheels on the upper pickguard next to the slide switch are the circuit’s volume and passive tone controls. The wheel nearest the slider switch will set your volume.
An important note: When in the rhythm setting, only your neck pickup will be operational–your bridge pickup will be deactivated. More than one unaware player has mistaken a Jaguar in rhythm mode for one with a faulty bridge pickup. Also, while in rhythm mode, the pickup selector switch and master volume and tone controls become non-functional.
- Silver nuts, washers, & toggle switch
- Optional – control plates (chrome, black, or gold)
- Optional – roller knobs
- Optional – “Pure Tone” premium mono output jack
- 2 – 1meg CTS brand audio taper controls
- 50k linear taper roller rhythm tone control
- 1meg linear taper roller rhythm volume control
- the roller control bracket
- 1 – .015mfd value ceramic disk capacitor
- 1 – .015mfd value Sprague “Orange Drop” poly tone master capacitor
- 1 – .003mfd value ceramic disk capacitor
- 1 – Switchcraft 2-way slide style switch (rhythm/lead switch)
- 3 – Switchcraft 2-way slide switches (in the lead circuit)
- Switchcraft mono output jack
- Gavitt vintage style, cloth covered wire
- tech support phone / email
- easy-to-follow wiring diagram
While all of our wiring solutions are built to be installed rather easily, every guitar is different. We always recommend that you have a professional guitar technician at your local guitar shop install it for you. They are experienced troubleshooters and are equipped to get the best from your setup!
Contact Hoagland Custom with any questions regarding this wiring solution, our custom, handcrafted Hoagland Custom pickups, or any other guitar wiring solution that you might need.