Hoagland Custom, located in sunny Fernandina Beach, Florida, has specialized in quality custom guitar wiring and pickup building for over 25 years and we love what we do!
If you have an Esquire and don’t like that soft, warm tone that the standard wiring puts out, you’ll LOVE this “FULL THROTTLE” wiring harness!
Position 3 on the switch sends your pickup DIRECTLY to your amp with no volume or tone control. You get the full blast, raw, kick-butt tone from your pickup! You can control this with a volume pedal or, of course, the controls on your amp.
This is a VERY COOL MOD!
- chrome control plate, mounting screws (available but not included)
- black control plate, nuts, washers, mounting screws (available but not included)
- gold control plate, nuts, washers, mounting screws (available but not included)
- optional “Pure Tone” output jack (available but not included)
- Included hardware – dress nuts & washers, switch mounting screws
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, as standard & no additional cost
- MojoTone Dijon Premium Foil/Film capacitor, $3 upgrade (From the manufacturer: “Mojotone Dijon capacitors are high quality foil/film capacitors made to our exact specification. We like to call them musical capacitors because of their good tone and transparency.”)
- Mallory “Mustard” capacitor, $4 upgrade
- Centralab “Royal Blue” mylar-in-oil capacitor, $13 upgrade
- Vitamin T “Silver Barrel” paper-in-oil capacitor, $14 upgrade
- P1 – Pickup routed directly to jack – no volume or tone control
- P2 – Volume control only (no tone control)
- P3 – Volume & tone control
- CTS or Bourns Pro Series volume control, 250k value, audio taper
- CTS or Bourns Pro Series tone control, 250k value, linear taper
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, .047mfd value
- 3-way lever style switch
- Switchcraft mono output jack
- Gavitt vintage style, cloth covered wire
- easy-to-follow wiring diagram
- tech support phone & email
While all of our wiring solutions are built to be installed rather easily, we always recommend that you have a guitar professional at your local guitar shop install it for you. There are issues that sometimes come up during installation (grounding, shielding, etc.) and your local guitar tech is equipped to diagnose & handle those for you.
Contact Hoagland Custom with any questions regarding this wiring solution, our custom, handcrafted Hoagland Custom pickups, or any other guitar wiring solution that you might need.