Hoagland Custom has specialized in custom guitar wiring and pickup making for over 20 years and we love what we do!
If you have an Esquire and don’t like that soft, warm tone that the standard wiring puts out, you’ll LOVE this “FULL THROTTLE” wiring harness!
Position 3 on the switch sends your pickup DIRECTLY to your amp with no volume or tone control. You get the full blast, raw, kick-butt tone from your pickup! You can control this with a volume pedal or, of course, the controls on your amp.
This is a VERY COOL MOD!
- chrome control plate, mounting screws (available but not included)
- black control plate, nuts, washers, mounting screws (available but not included)
- gold control plate, nuts, washers, mounting screws (available but not included)
- Included hardware – dress nuts & washers, switch mounting screws
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, as standard & no additional cost
- MojoTone Dijon Premium Foil/Film capacitor, $2 upgrade (From the manufacturer: “Mojotone Dijon capacitors are high quality foil/film capacitors made to our exact specification. We like to call them musical capacitors because of their good tone and transparency.”)
- Talihan “Black Bee” paper-in-oil capacitor, $8 upgrade
- Vitamin Q “Black Candy” paper-in-oil capacitor, $11 upgrade
- Auricap XO “Hi-Res” Sonically Transparent paper-in-oil capacitor, $20 upgrade. (From the manufacturer: “Auricap XO capacitors feature high-end engineering for unprecedented quality. Each 21 gauge lead contains 19-strands, and each strand is continuously cast in a vacuum, resulting in only 1 crystal barrier per foot (as opposed to the thousands in standard wire). The lead is then cryogenically treated and wrapped in red cross-linked polyethylene, resulting in permanently superior wire construction, throughput, and quality.”)
- P1 – Volume & tone control
- P2 – Volume control only (no tone control)
- P3 – Pickup routed directly to jack – no volume or tone control
- CTS volume control, 250k value, audio taper
- CTS tone control, 250k value, linear taper
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, .047mfd value
- .1mfd cap
- CRL 3-way lever style switch
- Switchcraft mono input jack
- vintage style, cloth covered wire
- easy-to-follow wiring diagram
- tech support phone & email
While all of our wiring solutions are built to be installed rather easily, we always recommend that you have a guitar professional at your local guitar shop install it for you. There are issues that sometimes come up during installation (grounding, shielding, etc.) and your local guitar tech is equipped to diagnose & handle those for you.
Contact Hoagland Custom with any questions regarding this wiring solution, our custom, handcrafted Hoagland Custom pickups, or any other guitar wiring solution that you might need.