Hoagland Custom is a custom guitar pickup & wiring shop located in Fernandina Beach, Florida.
This is a custom, handcrafted loaded Standard Stratocaster pickguard just chock full of the BEST COMPONENTS!
It is a VERY easy install. Just connect the ground, output jack, and the pickguard with the included screws. That’s all!
- CTS 250k volume control, audio taper, short-shaft
- 2 CTS 250k tone pots, linear taper, short-shaft
- “Black Candy” .022mfd paper-in-oil capacitor
- CRL 5-way lever style switch
- Switchcraft output jack, mono
- Vintage-style, cloth-covered wire
- Easy-to-follow wiring diagram (should you ever need it)
- White 3-ply, 11-hole pickguard
- White pickup covers (other colors are available)
- White Stratocaster knobs (1 volume, 2 tones) (other colors are available)
- 11 chrome pickguard screws
- Neck, middle, & bridge pickups -wound to a Fender standard of 6k, beveled, alnico 5 magnets
- Wax-potted to eliminate squealing & microphonics
- Vintage style, cloth-covered leads
- Handcrafted with all “Made in the USA” parts (bobbins in North Carolina, magnets in Arkansas, pickup wire in Wisconsin, lead wire in New York)
- Covers included (if no cover color is selected, we default to white)
There are a LOT of things that go into creating or recreating tone. While each item in your signal chain is important, no one item will do the job for you. Pickups, along with the way that your guitar is wired, are probably the most important parts of your signal chain. Changing out the pickups/wiring has the biggest impact on your sound. THIS is where you start.
These pickups are made by hand by Hoagland Custom and are wound specifically for you. They are NOT “off-the-shelf” pickups. They are NOT relabeled imported pickups. We make these in our shop and they are the highest quality pickups you can buy. They are made from 100% american made parts.
While all of our pickup and wiring solutions are made to be installed easily by most do-it-yourself’ers, we always recommend that you have your local guitar professional install them for you. There are a lot of variables that can occur (grounding problems, cold solder joints, etc., etc.) and your local guitar professional is very well versed on the solutions to those issues.
Contact Hoagland Custom with any questions regarding this loaded pickguard.