Hoagland Custom has specialized in custom guitar wiring and pickup making for over 25 years and we love what we do!
This Tele 4-way wiring harness will give you an additional switch position and a cool extra tone that your standard Tele does not have.
It is a 4-way “series/parallel switching Telecaster wiring harness.
AND… it comes with a very cool, silver in color Tesi kill switch to kill the signal between tunes.
AND… it comes with a custom-drilled control plate.
HARDWARE: (included at no additional charge is the custom-drilled chrome control plate, dress nuts & washers, switch mounting screws, & control plate mounting screws)
- chrome control plate & mounting screws at no additional cost
- optional black control plate & mounting screws (the Tesi switch is silver)
- optional gold control plate & mounting screws (the Tesi switch is silver)
- optional nickel control plate & mounting screws at no additional cost (the Tesi switch is silver)
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, as standard & no additional cost (Good)
- MojoTone Dijon Premium Foil/Film capacitor, $3 upgrade (From the manufacturer: “Mojotone Dijon capacitors are high quality foil/film capacitors made to our exact specification. We like to call them musical capacitors because of their great tone and transparency.”) (Better!)
- Mallory “Mustard” capacitor, $4 upgrade (Better!)
- Vitamin Q “Black Candy” paper-in-oil capacitor, $12 upgrade (Better!)
- Emerson “Yellow & Red” paper-in-oil capacitor, $24 upgrade (BEST!)
- P1 – bridge only
- P2 – neck & bridge pickups, in-parallel (normal Tele tone)
- P3 – neck only
- P4 – neck & bridge, in-series (a 15% boost in power and much better tone!)
- CTS or Bourns Pro Series volume control, 250k value, audio taper
- CTS or Bourns Pro Series tone control, 250k value, linear taper
- Tesi IDO XL 16mm latching kill switch (silver color)
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, .047mfd value
- 4-way lever style switch
- chrome control plate, custom-drilled to fit the Tesi switch
- Switchcraft mono output jack
- vintage style, cloth covered wire
- tech support phone & email
While all of our wiring solutions are built to be installed rather easily, every guitar is different. We always recommend that you have a professional guitar technician at your local guitar shop install it for you. They are experienced troubleshooters and are equipped to get the best from your setup!