Hoagland Custom, located in sunny Fernandina Beach, Florida, has specialized in custom guitar wiring and pickup making for over 25 years…
& we love what we do!
A VERY versatile Telecaster wiring harness!
A 2 pickup Telecaster with a 5-way switch… in-series & in-parallel as well as in & out-of-phase switching!
The two additional & new combinations offer hum-cancelling because they use the two single-coil pickups as a humbucker. And, armed with these two new combinations, you’re ready to rock the crowd! Both pickups in-series/in-phase will give you a very fat and loud solo tone – perfect for both clean & overdriven lead tones.
Both pickups in-series/out-of-phase don’t sound as shrill and thin as both pickups in-parallel/out-of-phase (that’s the sound you might associate with “out-of-phase pickups”), so it’s useful for clean tones, as well. And it’s perfect for full-tilt distortion or fuzz orgies, because it prevents the tone from getting too boomy by reducing the bass frequencies. To cut through the mix while playing with Queen, Brian May used this tone a lot on his Red Special guitar for his heavily overdriven lead tones.
HARDWARE: (included are dress washers/nuts and switch mounting screws)
- optional chrome control plate & mounting screws (an $18 upgrade)
- optional chrome control plate /slanted switch & mounting screws (a $21 upgrade)
- optional nickel control plate & mounting screws (an $18 upgrade)
- optional black control plate & mounting screws (a $24 upgrade)
- optional gold control plate & mounting screws (a $28 upgrade)
- optional “Pure Tone” premium mono output jack (a $6 upgrade)
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, as standard & no additional cost
- MojoTone Dijon Premium Foil/Film capacitor, $3 upgrade (From the manufacturer: “Mojotone Dijon capacitors are high quality foil/film capacitors made to our exact specification. We like to call them musical capacitors because of their good tone and transparency.”)
- Mallory “Mustard” capacitor, $4 upgrade
- Centralab “White” mylar-in-oil tone capacitor, $13 upgrade
- Vitamin T “Silver Barrel” paper-in-oil tone capacitor, $14 upgrade
- P1 – bridge pickup only
- P2 – bridge & neck pickups, in-series & out-of-phase (hum-canceling)
- P3 – bridge & neck pickups, in-parallel & in-phase
- P4 – bridge & neck pickups, in series & in-phase (hum-canceling)
- P5 – neck pickup only
- 1 CTS or Bourns Pro Series tone control, 250k value, linear taper
- 1 CTS or Bourns Pro Series volume control, 250k value, audio taper
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, .047mfd value
- 5-way lever style “SUPER” switch
- Switchcraft mono output jack
- Gavitt vintage style, cloth covered wire
- tech support phone & email
While all of our wiring solutions are built to be installed rather easily, we always recommend that you have a guitar professional at your local guitar shop install it for you.