Hoagland Custom has specialized in custom guitar wiring and pickup making for over 20 years and we love what we do!
This is a “Highway One” style Stratocaster wiring solution built with high quality parts and crafted by hand. This wiring harness will give you great service for years!
It is built exactly to the Fender ® wiring diagram for their Highway One Strat.
The Highway One models are hot-rodded versions of a ’70s-style Strat with jumbo frets, a rounder tone and higher gain, as well as a thin-coated nitrocellulose body which allows the tone of the wood to come out. Two configurations are available: The SSS Highway One Stratocaster (also available left-handed) which features the standard Stratocaster pickup configuration of three single-coil pickups and the Highway One Stratocaster HSS – which features one humbucker and two single coil pickups.
This is the SSS Highway One model wiring.
HARDWARE: (incl. dress nuts & washers, & switch mounting screws)
- chrome (standard)
- P1 – neck pickup only
- P2 – neck & middle pickups
- P3 – middle pickup only
- P4 – middle & bridge pickups
- P5 – bridge pickup only
- 1 CTS or Bourns Pro Series volume control, 250k value, audio taper
- 2 CTS or Bourns Pro Series tone controls, 250k value, linear taper
- 1 Vitamin T “Silver Barrel” paper-in-oil capacitor, .1mfd value
- 5-way lever style switch
- Switchcraft mono input jack
- vintage style, cloth covered wire
- easy to follow wiring diagram
- tech support phone & email
While all of our wiring solutions are built to be installed rather easily, we always recommend that you have a guitar professional at your local guitar shop install it for you. There are a lot of variables (pickup brands & types, shielding, grounding, etc.) and your local guitar tech is well equipped to solve any installation problems you might have and get your guitar sounding it’s best!