Hoagland Custom, located in sunny Fernandina Beach, Florida, has specialized in custom guitar wiring and pickup making for over 25 years…
& we love what we do!
This is a Hoagland Custom ’72 Tele wiring harness for 2 humbucker Telecasters! It has 2 volume and 2 tone controls.
This particular Hoagland Custom wiring harness is setup in-series to function best with 2 humbucker pickups.
It fits easily right into the ’72 Tele pickguard and is simple to solder in. We include a very easy-to-understand wiring diagram.
- silver dress washers & nuts are standard
- optional black dress washers & nuts
- optional gold dress washers & nuts
- Panasonic short-shank, chrome ($15), gold ($18), or black ($18)
- Switchcraft short-shank, straight, silver color ($28)
- Switchcraft long-shank, straight, gold ($32) or silver ($29) color
- Switchcraft 90º shank, silver color ($28)
- all switches come with 18″ or red, white, black, & green PVC-coated wire pre-soldered to it
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitors (2), a .022mfd value, as standard & no additional cost (good)
- MojoTone Dijon Premium Foil/Film capacitors (2), a .022mfd value, $6 upgrade (From the manufacturer: “Mojotone Dijon capacitors are high quality foil/film capacitors made to our exact specification. We like to call them musical capacitors because of their good tone and transparency.”) (good)
- Mallory “Mustard” capacitors (2), a .022mfd value, $8 upgrade (better)
- Vitamin Q “Black Candy” capacitors (2), $28 upgrade (Better!)
- P1 – bridge only
- P2 – neck & bridge together (in-series)
- P3 – neck only
- 2 CTS or Bourns Pro Series volume controls, 500k value, short-shaft, audio taper
- 2 CTS or Bourns Pro Series tone controls, 500k value, short-shaft, linear taper
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitors (2) as standard, .022mfd value
- Switchcraft mono output jack
- Gavitt vintage style, cloth covered wire
- tech support phone & email
While we make all of our wiring harnesses to be installed rather easily, we always recommend that you take your guitar, Hoagland Custom wiring harness, and the wiring diagram to your local guitar technician for installation. There are a lot of variables (grounding, pickup wires colors, etc., etc.) and they will be equipped to get your guitar sounding it’s BEST!