Hoagland Custom, located in sunny Fernandina Beach, Florida, has specialized in custom guitar wiring and pickup making for over 25 years… & we love what we do!
This Tele wiring harness gives you better tone & more output power!
It has a standard 3-way lever style switch and looks like a regular Tele wiring harness. BUT… it’s hiding a secret! Pull up on the volume knob and this harness sends your signal direct to your amplifier, bypassing all of the resistance of your volume & tone controls for more power and MUCH better tone!
It removes the volume & tone control from the circuit.
HARDWARE: (includes at no additional cost dress nuts & washers and switch mounting screws)
- optional chrome control plate & mounting screws
- optional black control plate & mounting screws
- optional gold control plate & mounting screws
- optional nickel control plate & mounting screws
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly tone capacitor, .047mfd value, standard & no additional cost
- MojoTone “Dijon Coupling” tone capacitor, premium poly, .047mfd value – $3 upgrade
- Mallory “Mustard” tone capacitor, .047mfd value – $4 upgrade
- Centralab “Royal Blue” mylar-in-oil capacitor, .047mfd value, $13 upgrade
- Vitamin T “Silver Barrel” paper-in-oil tone capacitor, .047mfd value, $14 upgrade
SWITCHING POSITIONS – with volume control push/pull down:
- P1 – bridge only
- P2 – neck & bridge pickups
- P3 – neck only
SWITCHING POSITIONS – with volume control push/pull up:
- P1 – bridge only – bypasses volume & tone and is direct to amp
- P2 – neck & bridge pickups – bypasses volume & tone and is direct to amp
- P3 – neck only – bypasses volume & tone and is direct to amp
- CTS or Bourns Pro Series tone control, 250k value, linear taper
- Bourns or Alpha push/pull volume control, 250k value, linear taper
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, .047mfd value
- 3-way lever style switch
- Switchcraft mono output jack
- Gavitt vintage style, cloth covered wire
- tech support phone & email
While all of our wiring solutions are built to be installed rather easily, we always recommend that you have a guitar professional at your local guitar shop install it for you.
Contact Hoagland Custom with any questions regarding this wiring solution, our custom, handcrafted Hoagland Custom pickups, or any other guitar wiring solution that you might need.