Hoagland Custom, located in sunny Fernandina Beach, Florida, has specialized in custom guitar wiring and pickup making for over 25 years…
& we love what we do!
This custom Tele wiring harness gives you better tone & more output power!
This is built specifically for 2 single coils. It has a standard 3-way lever style switch and looks like a regular Tele wiring harness. BUT… it’s hiding a couple of secrets!
Pull up on the volume knob and this harness sends your signal direct to your amplifier, bypassing all of the resistance of your volume & tone controls for more power and MUCH better tone!
It removes the load of the volume & tone control from the circuit.
BUT… if you decide that you want to use your tone control to warm up that Tele twang, it has our “Dual Cap” system on the tone control! Roll the pot (from the center position on the pot) down a little and it rolls in the .047mfd cap. Roll it up from the center position and you roll in the .022mfd cap. The best of both capacitor worlds built into one pot!
AND it has great paper-in-oil caps!
This is a Top-of-the-Line HOAGLAND CUSTOM wiring harness and is drop-in ready!
HARDWARE: (includes at no additional cost dress nuts & washers and switch mounting screws)
- chrome control plate, mounting screws, dome (or barrel) chrome knobs (standard)
- optional chrome control plate w/slanted switch, mounting screws, & chrome (or barrel) knobs (a $3 upgrade)
- “Pure Tone” premium mono output jack (standard)
- optional Switchcraft mono output jack, (no additional charge)
- Vitamin T “Silver Barrel” paper-in-oil tone capacitors (2), .047mfd & .022mfd values
SWITCHING POSITIONS – with volume control push/pull down:
- P1 – bridge only w/volume & tone control
- P2 – neck & bridge pickups w/volume & tone control
- P3 – neck only w/volume & tone control
SWITCHING POSITIONS – with volume control push/pull up:
- P1 – bridge only – bypasses volume & tone and is direct to amp
- P2 – neck & bridge pickups – bypasses volume & tone and is direct to amp
- P3 – neck only – bypasses volume & tone and is direct to amp
- CTS or Bourns Pro Series tone control, 250k value, short-shaft, linear taper
- Bourns push/pull volume control, 250k value, short-shaft, audio taper
- Vitamin T “Silver Barrel” paper-in-oil capacitors (2), .047mfd & .022mfd values
- 3-way lever style switch
- “Pure Tone” premium mono output jack
- Gavitt vintage style, cloth covered wire
- tech support phone & email
While all of our wiring solutions are built to be installed rather easily, we always recommend that you have a guitar professional at your local guitar shop install it for you.
Contact Hoagland Custom with any questions regarding this wiring solution, our custom, handcrafted Hoagland Custom pickups, or any other guitar wiring solution that you might need.