Hoagland Custom, located in sunny Fernandina Beach, Florida, has specialized in custom guitar wiring and pickup making for almost 30 years…
& we love what we do!
This is an ALL NEW Hoagland Custom Tele wiring harness for 2 humbucker Telecasters!
This particular Hoagland Custom wiring harness has our 4-way switching “Positions Mod” and makes more sense than the standard 4-way switching.
It fits easily right into the Tele electronics cutout and is simple to solder in. We include a very easy-to-understand wiring diagram.
This DOES NOT include the control plate although control plates are available.
HARDWARE: (included are dress washers/nuts and switch mounting screws)
- optional chrome control plate & mounting screws
- optional nickel control plate & mounting screws
- optional black control plate & mounting screws
- optional gold control plate & mounting screws
- optional “Pure Tone” premium mono output jack
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, a.022mfd value, as standard & no additional cost (good)
- MojoTone Dijon Premium Foil/Film capacitor, a .022mfd value, $3 upgrade (From the manufacturer: “Mojotone Dijon capacitors are high quality foil/film capacitors made to our exact specification. We like to call them musical capacitors because of their good tone and transparency.”) (good)
- Mallory “Mustard” capacitor, a .022mfd value, $4 upgrade (better)
- Centralab “White” mylar-in-oil capacitor, .022mfd value, +$13 upgrade (better yet)
- Vitamin T “Silver Barrel” paper-in-oil capacitor, a .022mfd value, $14 upgrade (BEST!)
- Vitamin Q “Black Candy” paper-in-oil capacitor, a .022mfd value, $16 upgrade (CURRENTLY OUT-OF-STOCK)
With the push/pull “DOWN”:
- P1 – bridge humbucker, full
- P2 – neck & bridge humbuckers, full, in-parallel
- P3 – neck & bridge humbuckers, full, in-series
- P4 – neck humbucker, full
With the push/pull “UP”:
- P1 – bridge, split to single coil
- P2 – neck & bridge, split to single coils, in-parallel
- P3 – neck & bridge, split to single coils, in-series
- P4 – neck, split to single coil
- 1 CTS or Bourns Pro Series volume control, 500k value, audio taper
- Push/Pull tone control, 500k value, linear taper
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor as standard, .022mfd value
- high quality 4-way lever style switch
- Switchcraft mono output jack
- Gavitt vintage style, cloth covered wire
- tech support phone & email
While we make all of our wiring harnesses to be installed rather easily, we always recommend that you take your guitar, Hoagland Custom wiring harness, and the wiring diagram to your local guitar technician for installation. There are a lot of variables (grounding, pickup wires colors, etc., etc.) and they will be equipped to get your guitar sounding it’s BEST!