Hoagland Custom has specialized in custom guitar wiring and pickup making for over 20 years and we love what we do!
This Tele “HSH1” mod is a great wiring harness for a 2 humbucker & 1 single coil Tele! It’s pickup-splitting Heaven!
You must have 2 splittable humbuckers (4 or 5 wires) to use this wiring harness.
Our Hoagland Custom Tele HSH1 wiring mod uses a 5-way CRL brand switch.
HARDWARE: (incl. dress nuts & washers and switch mounting screws)
- chrome (available at slight additional cost)
- nickel (available at slight additional cost)
- black (available at slight additional cost)
- gold (available at slight additional cost)
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, as standard & no additional cost
- MojoTone Dijon Premium Foil/Film capacitor, $2 upgrade (From the manufacturer: “Mojotone Dijon capacitors are high quality foil/film capacitors made to our exact specification. We like to call them musical capacitors because of their good tone and transparency.”)
- Taihan “Black Bee” paper-in-oil capacitor, $8 upgrade
- Vitamin Q “Black Candy” paper-in-oil capacitor, $11 upgrade
- Auricap XO Hi-Res Sonically Transparent paper-in-oil cap, $20 upgrade
- P1 – bridge humbucker, full
- P2 – bridge, split to single coil & middle single coil pickup
- P3 – middle single coil only
- P4 – neck, split to single coil & middle single coil pickup
- P5 – neck humbucker, full
- 1 CTS volume control pot, 250k, short-shaft, audio taper
- 1 CTS tone control pot, 500k, short-shaft, linear taper
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, .022mfd value
- CRL brand 5-way lever style switch
- Switchcraft mono output jack
- vintage style, cloth covered wire
- tech support phone & email
While all of our wiring solutions are built to be installed rather easily, some are more complex than others and we always recommend that you have a guitar professional at your local guitar shop install it for you.