Hoagland Custom, located in sunny Fernandina Beach, Florida, has specialized in custom guitar wiring and pickup making for over 25 years…
& we love what we do!
John Francis Anthony “Jaco” Pastorius III (December 1, 1951 – September 21, 1987) was an American jazz bass guitarist who was a member of “Weather Report” from 1976 to 1981. He worked with Pat Methany, Joni Mitchell and recorded albums as a solo artist and band leader. His bass playing employed funk, lyrical solos, bass chords, and innovative harmonics. He was inducted into the Down Beat Jazz Hall of Fame in 1988, one of only seven bassists so honored (and the only electric bass guitarist).
This is a faithful, handcrafted reproduction of the wiring in Jaco’s Jazz Bass.
This Jaco Bass wiring harness does NOT include the control plate however, it is available in several hardware finishes.
AVAILABLE HARDWARE OPTIONS:
- chrome control plate & mounting screws – $30 upgrade
- nickel control plate & mounting screws – $30 upgrade
- black control plate & mounting screws – $35 upgrade
- gold control plate & mounting screws – $35 upgrade
- “Pure Tone” premium mono output jack – $6 upgrade
AVAILABLE CAPACITOR OPTIONS:
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, as standard & no additional cost
- MojoTone Dijon Premium Foil/Film capacitor – $3 upgrade (From the manufacturer: “Mojotone Dijon capacitors are high quality foil/film capacitors made to our exact specification. We like to call them musical capacitors because of their good tone and transparency.”)
- Mallory “Mustard” capacitor – $4 upgrade
- Centralab “Royal Blue” mylar-in-oil capacitor – $13 upgrade
- Vitamin T “Silver Barrel” paper-in-oil capacitor – $14 upgrade
- Vitamin Q “Black Candy” paper-in-oil capacitor – $16 upgrade
- 3 CTS or Bourns Pro Series controls, short-shaft, 250k value, all audio taper
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, .047mfd value
- Switchcraft mono output jack
- Gavitt vintage style, cloth covered wire
- easy-to-follow wiring diagram
- tech support phone & email
Grounds loops cause buzzing and humming. While they are easy to avoid, we’ve noticed that there are a lot of handcrafted wiring solutions being offered elsewhere that incorporate ground loops. Not good. Our custom shop wiring harnesses are guaranteed to be ground loop-free.
It is “drop-in” ready and VERY easy to install! This wiring solution does not include the control plate. It will fit into your current control plate easily.
While all of our wiring solutions are built to be installed rather easily, we always recommend that you have a guitar professional at your local guitar shop install it for you. There are issues that sometimes come up during installation (grounding, shielding, etc.) and your local guitar tech is equipped to diagnose & handle those for you.