Hoagland Custom, located in sunny Fernandina Beach, Florida, has specialized in custom guitar wiring and pickup making for over 25 years…
& we love what we do!
This is a complete Jimmy Page wiring harness kit. It includes everything that you need (aside from the soldering gun) to build a Jimmy Page wiring harness for your Les Paul or other 2 volume, 2 tone controls guitar.
This wiring mod, popularized by Led Zeppelin & The Yardbird’s great Jimmy Page, gives your Les Paul or SG style guitar a multitude of new tones not available with the stock wiring including the normal 3-way humbucker switching, Strat-like single coil tones, out-of-phase tones, and the huge sounding Broadbucker tone. All made possible through coil splitting, series/parallel switching and phase-reversal.
To use this Jimmy Page wiring harness you must have 2 humbuckers that have (at least) 4 leads and are splittable. This will not work with pickups that are not splittable.
- 4 – 500k audio taper, long-shaft (19mm) PUSH/PULL volume & tone controls
- 1 – .047mfd value Sprague “Orange Drop” capacitor as standard
- 1 – .022mfd value Sprague “Orange Drop” capacitor as standard
- 1 Switchcraft 3-way toggle switch, long shaft
- 1 Switchcraft output jack
- 2′ of Gavitt vintage style, cloth-covered wire (12″ each of black and white)
- 18″ each of red, white, black, & green plastic coated wire
- a detailed wiring diagram (not a technical sheet)
The long-shaft PUSH/PULL pots have a 18mm threaded section and they should fit through all guitar tops. Please measure the thickness of your guitar top before you buy! We also offer the same Jimmy Page wiring harness with short-shaft push/pull pots (3/8″ or 9mm threaded sections) if that is what you need. This harness offers an incredible 21 different switching positions!
It functions as a standard Les Paul style of harness and will also split your pickups, phase-reverse your pickups, and series/parallel your pickups.
- Bridge volume – splits the bridge pickup
- Neck volume – splits the neck pickup
- Bridge tone – puts the bridge & neck pickups out-of-phase with each other
- Neck tone – puts the bridge & neck pickups in-series
Using the push/push combinations together can create some GREAT tones!
While all of our pickup & wiring solutions & kits are built to be installed rather easily by most do-it-yourselfers, we always recommend that you have a guitar professional at your local guitar shop install them for you.
This Jimmy Page wiring harness kit is a complex one and requires some soldering skill.
Contact Hoagland Custom with any questions regarding these handcrafted Hoagland Custom pickups, or any other guitar wiring solution that you might need.