Hoagland Custom has specialized in custom guitar wiring and pickup making for over 25 years and we love what we do!
This is a 1 humbucker style harness. 1 push/pull volume & 1 standard tone control, setup to split the humbucker.
You MUST have a 4 or 5 wire humbucker that is splittable to use this wiring harness.
It features 1 long-shaft push/pull volume control and 1 standard long-shaft tone control.
It is “drop in ready”. That is, you only need to connect the pickups and ground wire… EASY!
- chrome – chrome dress washers & nuts, silver switch (if you order one), & a silver jack
- black – black dress washers & nuts, black switch (The Panasonic switch is black. The Switchcraft switches are silver with black dress washers/nuts/switch tip), silver jack w/black dress washers/nuts, & a silver jack w/black dress washers/nuts
- gold – gold dress washers & nuts, Panasonic gold switch – Switchcraft long-shank is a gold switch – the other Switcraft switches are silver with gold dress washers/nuts, & a gold jack
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, as standard & no additional cost
- MojoTone Dijon Premium Foil/Film capacitor, $2 upgrade (From the manufacturer: “Mojotone Dijon capacitors are high quality foil/film capacitors made to our exact specification. We like to call them musical capacitors because of their good tone and transparency.”)
- Tai Han “Black Bee” paper-in-oil capacitor, $8 upgrade
- Vitamin Q “Black Candy” paper-in-oil capacitor, $11 upgrade
- Auricap XO “Hi-Res” Sonically Transparent capacitor, $20 upgrade. (From the manufacturer: “Auricap XO capacitors feature high-end engineering for unprecedented quality. Each 21 gauge lead contains 19-strands, and each strand is continuously cast in a vacuum, resulting in only 1 crystal barrier per foot (as opposed to the thousands in standard wire). The lead is then cryogenically treated and wrapped in red cross-linked polyethylene, resulting in permanently superior wire construction, throughput, and quality.”)
Technical information regarding this Les Paul style harness:
CONTROL POT SPECS
- Resistance – 500K
- Taper – the pots are audio taper
- Knob type – 24 spline shaft
- Shaft diameter – 0.235″ (5.95mm)
- Thread type – 3/8″-32
- Threaded shaft length – 19mm / 3/4″ (long-shaft)
- Required mounting hole diameter – 3/8″ (9.52mm)
- Brand – Sprague/CDE
- Model – “Orange Drop”
- Style – poly
- Value – .022mfd
OUTPUT JACK SPECS
- Brand – Switchcraft
- Style – mono
- Mounting hole diameter – 3/8″ (9.52mm)
- Thread – 3/8″ x 32
- Thread length – 1/4″ (6.35m)
HARDWARE: (includes dress nuts & washers)
- chrome (standard)
- black (available at small additional cost)
- gold (available at small additional cost)
- 1 – Alpha or Bourns push/pull volume control, 500k value, long-shaft (19mm / 3/4″), audio taper
- 1 – CTS or Bourns Pro Series tone control, 500k value, long-shaft (19mm / 3/4″), audio taper
- 1 – Sprague “Orange Drop” capacitor, .022mfd value
- Switchcraft mono input jack
- vintage style, cloth covered wire
- easy-to-follow wiring diagram
- tech support phone & email
Contact Hoagland Custom with any questions regarding this wiring solution, our custom, handcrafted Hoagland Custom pickups, or any other guitar wiring solution that you might need.