Hoagland Custom, located in sunny Fernandina Beach, Florida, has specialized in custom guitar wiring and pickup making for over 25 years…
& we love what we do!
This is a Stratocaster wiring solution built with high quality parts and crafted by hand. This wiring harness will give you great service for years! We only use the highest quality parts for our wiring harnesses.
This Mark Knopfler Stratocaster wiring harness is modeled after the Fender® Custom Shop “Mark Knopfler” model guitar.
According to what we’ve been able to find, his choice of pickups are the Texas Special style.
We custom wind pickups as well so, if you’d like a set of bluesy sounding Texas Special pickups wound specifically for you, we can do that!
Will buying and installing this wiring harness make you play the blues like Mark Knopfler? Of course not. Will you be able to get the same tone out of your Strat that he gets? Not without his fingers on your hands. Will it make your guitar sound better than it does today? Absolutely.
HARDWARE: (incl. dress nuts & washers, & switch mounting screws)
- chrome (standard)
- P1 – bridge only (no tone control – raw pickup tone)
- P2 – middle & bridge (lower tone control)
- P3 – middle only (lower tone control)
- P4 – neck & middle (independent tone control)
- P5 – neck only (upper tone control)
- CTS or Bourns Pro Series volume control, 250k value, audio taper
- CTS or Bourns Pro Series tone controls (2), 250k value, linear taper
- Vitamin T “Silver Barrel” paper-in-oil capacitor, .1mfd value
- 5-way lever style switch
- Switchcraft mono output jack
- Gavitt high quality, vintage style, cloth covered wire
- easy to follow wiring diagram
- tech support phone & email
While all of our wiring solutions are built to be installed rather easily, we always recommend that you have a guitar professional at your local guitar shop install it for you. There are a lot of variables (pickup brands & types, shielding, grounding, etc.) and your local guitar tech is well equipped to solve any installation problems you might have and get your guitar sounding it’s best!