IF YOU ARE PICKY ABOUT YOUR FLYING V TONE, THESE MATCHED POTS ARE FOR YOU!
This is for a set of 3 digitally metered & matched CTS or Bourns Pro Series 500k short shaft potentiometers. There are 2 audio tapers (volume pots) and 1 linear taper (tone pot).
PERFECT FOR YOUR FLYING V!
This is a brand new set of 3 CTS or Bourns Pro Series 500k short-shaft pots. They are primarily, but not exclusively, used in guitars with P90s or humbuckers.
- 2 CTS or Bourns Pro Series 500k short-shaft, split-shaft, audio taper pots (used for volume)
- 1 CTS or Bourns Pro Series 500k short-shaft, split-shaft, linear taper pot (used for tone)
- threaded shaft diameter of 3/8″
- threaded shaft length of 9mm
- fits US-made knobs
- all 3 pots guaranteed to meter no less than 500k and no more than 550k (at 72 degrees)
- all 3 pots guaranteed to meter within a 20k spread (at 72 degrees – for example, 500k-520k or 535k-555k, etc)
Pot values (and even pickup values) change as the temperature goes up or down. The hotter it is, the higher the pot values. The colder that it is, the lower the pot values. Our pots are all metered at 72 degrees.
Our Hoagland Custom Matched “Flying V” Pot Set will not vary more than 20k from the highest to the lowest values. Standard pot sets have a +/- 15% variance and can range anywhere from 425k to upwards of 580k. Our Hoagland Custom Matched “Flying V” Pot Set will ensure that you are getting the full, dependable, predictable load and enhance the resonant peaks from your pickups for the maximum and best tone & punch possible.
CTS and Bourns pots are the Gold Standard in guitar pots today. Matched pots are the BEST you can buy!
For guitars with cheap, imported volume & tone controls, this is a MUST HAVE UPGRADE! It will give you a more dependable guitar and a guitar with better tone!