Hoagland Custom has specialized in custom guitar wiring and pickup making for over 20 years and we love what we do!
Michael Ryan Pritchard (born May 4, 1972), known professionally as Mike Dirnt, is an American musician, songwriter and composer. He is best known as the co-founder, bassist, backing vocalist and occasional lead vocalist of American punk rock band Green Day. He has also played in several other bands, including The Frustrators. His stage name was originally a nickname that his friends from grade school had given him, as he would constantly play “air bass” and make a “dirnt, dirnt, dirnt” noise while pretending to pluck the strings.
This is a faithful, handcrafted reproduction of the wiring in Mike Dirnt’s Precision Bass.
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, as standard & no additional cost
- MojoTone Dijon Premium Foil/Film capacitor, $2 upgrade (From the manufacturer: “Mojotone Dijon capacitors are high quality foil/film capacitors made to our exact specification. We like to call them musical capacitors because of their good tone and transparency.”)
- Talihan “Black Bee” paper-in-oil capacitor, $8 upgrade
- Vitamin Q “Black Candy” paper-in-oil capacitor, $11 upgrade
- Auricap XO “Hi-Res” Sonically Transparent paper-in-oil capacitor, $20 upgrade. (From the manufacturer: “Auricap XO capacitors feature high-end engineering for unprecedented quality. Each 21 gauge lead contains 19-strands, and each strand is continuously cast in a vacuum, resulting in only 1 crystal barrier per foot (as opposed to the thousands in standard wire). The lead is then cryogenically treated and wrapped in red cross-linked polyethylene, resulting in permanently superior wire construction, throughput, and quality.”)
- CTS volume & tone controls, 250k value, audio taper
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, .047mfd value
- Switchcraft mono input jack
- vintage style, cloth covered wire
- easy-to-follow wiring diagram
- tech support phone & email
Grounds loops cause buzzing and humming. While they are easy to avoid, we’ve noticed that there are a lot of handcrafted wiring solutions being offered elsewhere that incorporate ground loops. Not good. Our custom shop wiring harnesses are guaranteed to be ground loop-free.
It is “drop-in” ready and VERY easy to install! This wiring solution does not include the pickguard or control plate. It will fit into your current pickguard or control plate easily.
While all of our wiring solutions are built to be installed rather easily, we always recommend that you have a guitar professional at your local guitar shop install it for you. There are issues that sometimes come up during installation (grounding, shielding, etc.) and your local guitar tech is equipped to diagnose & handle those for you.