Hoagland Custom has specialized in custom guitar wiring and pickup making for over 25 years and we love what we do!
This is a handcrafted Precision/Jazz Bass style wiring harness. It is “drop-in” ready and VERY easy to install! This wiring solution does not include the control plate. It will fit into your current Jazz Bass control plate easily. If you are installing this into a Precision Bass and using a pickguard, please let us know so that we can leave you enough wire spacing to fit properly.
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, as standard & no additional cost
- MojoTone Dijon Premium Foil/Film capacitor, $3 upgrade (From the manufacturer: “Mojotone Dijon capacitors are high quality foil/film capacitors made to our exact specification. We like to call them musical capacitors because of their good tone and transparency.”)
- Mallory “Mustard” capacitor, $4 upgrade
- Vitamin T “Silver Barrel” paper-in-oil capacitor, $12 upgrade
- CTS or Bourns Pro Series volume controls (2), 250k value, audio taper
- CTS or Bourns Pro Series tone control, 250k, linear taper
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, .047mfd value
- Switchcraft mono input jack
- vintage style, cloth covered wire
- easy-to-follow wiring diagram
- tech support phone & email
Grounds loops cause buzzing and humming. While they are easy to avoid, we’ve noticed that there are a lot of handcrafted wiring solutions being offered elsewhere that incorporate ground loops. Not good. Our custom shop wiring harnesses are guaranteed to be ground loop-free.
While all of our wiring solutions are built to be installed rather easily, we always recommend that you have a guitar professional at your local guitar shop install it for you. There are issues that sometimes come up during installation (grounding, shielding, etc.) and your local guitar tech is equipped to diagnose & handle those for you.