Hoagland Custom, located in sunny Fernandina Beach, Florida, has specialized in custom guitar wiring and pickup making for over 25 years and we love what we do!
This is a Hoagland Custom EXCLUSIVE!
If you have a Tele with a humbucker in the neck position and a single coil in the bridge position, you’ve had a tough time in the past trying to figure out whether you need 500k pots (as is standard for your humbucker) or 250k pots (as is standard for your bridge single coil).
We use a 500k push/pull pot for the neck humbucker that, in the “DOWN” position, allows you to control the volume and, in the “UP” position, allows you to control the tone. We also use a .022mfd value capacitor (the standard value for humbuckers) on this control so it is perfect for your neck humbucker.
For the single coil Tele bridge pickup, we use a 250k value push/pull pot that, in the “DOWN” position, allows you volume control and , in the “UP” position, gives you tone control over the bridge pickup. We use a .047mfd value cap on this control which is standard for a single coil.
Don’t settle for the wrong value of pots when you have a humbucker & a single coil combination!
- chrome control plate, mounting screws (available but not included)
- black control plate, nuts, washers, mounting screws (available but not included)
- gold control plate, nuts, washers, mounting screws (available but not included)
- nickel control plate, nuts, washers, mounting screws (available but not included)
- optional “Pure Tone” output jack (available but not included)
- Included hardware – dress nuts & washers, switch mounting screws
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitors (2), as standard & no additional cost
- MojoTone Dijon Premium Foil/Film capacitors (2), $6 upgrade (From the manufacturer: “Mojotone Dijon capacitors are high quality foil/film capacitors made to our exact specification. We like to call them musical capacitors because of their good tone and transparency.”)
- Mallory “Mustard” capacitors (2), $8 upgrade
- Emerson paper-in-oil capacitors (2), $48 upgrade
- P1 – bridge pickup
- P2 – neck & bridge pickups
- P3 – neck pickup
- 1 – 500k value push/pull pot (humbucker)
- 1 Sprague “Orange Drop” cap, .022mfd value (for your humbucker)
- 1 – 250k value push/pull pot (single coil)
- 1 Sprague “Orange Drop” cap, .047mfd value (for your single coil)
- 3-way lever style switch
- Switchcraft mono output jack
- Gavitt vintage style, cloth covered wire
- easy-to-follow wiring diagram
- tech support phone & email
While all of our wiring solutions are built to be installed rather easily, we always recommend that you have a guitar professional at your local guitar shop install it for you. There are issues that sometimes come up during installation (grounding, shielding, etc.) and your local guitar tech is equipped to diagnose & handle those for you.
Contact Hoagland Custom with any questions regarding this wiring solution, our custom, handcrafted Hoagland Custom pickups, or any other guitar wiring solution that you might need.