Hoagland Custom, located in sunny Fernandina Beach, Florida, has been building high quality guitar wiring harnesses & pickups for over 25 years… & we love what we do!
This is a REVERSE-WIRED “Brent Mason” Telecaster wiring harness with 4-way switching… that is, the switch is located at the bottom of the wiring harness toward the output jack & the volume control is at the top towards the neck.
A lot of players like this setup because it keeps them from accidently hitting the switch lever & changing pickup selections in the middle of a tune. The switch is towards the jack which is out of the way of strumming.
If you have (or want to build) a Brent Mason “Power” Tele, this is the harness for you! It incorporates 4-way switching (rather than the standard 3-way switching) and is chock full of premium quality parts! It fits right into the Tele electronics cutout and is simple to solder in. We include a very easy-to-understand wiring diagram.
This wiring harness gives you the functionality of a Tele with series/parallel switching (a great option!) AND the independent volume control with the middle pickup.
The middle pickup is controlled by the center-mounted, push/pull pot on the control plate. It is NOT part of the 4-way switching. The middle pickup is always on and can be volume potted up or down with the push/pull pot.
This DOES NOT include the custom-drilled control plate but we do have them available.
HARDWARE: (included are dress nuts/washers and switch mounting screws)
- optional custom drilled chrome control plate & mounting screws
- optional custom drilled chrome “slanted switch” control plate & mounting screws
- optional custom drilled nickel control plate & mounting screws
- optional custom drilled black control plate & mounting screws
- optional custom drilled gold control plate & mounting screws
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, as standard & no additional cost
- MojoTone Dijon Premium Foil/Film capacitor, $3 upgrade (From the manufacturer: “Mojotone Dijon capacitors are high quality foil/film capacitors made to our exact specification. We like to call them musical capacitors because of their good tone and transparency.”)
- Mallory “Mustard” capacitor, $4 upgrade
- Vitamin Q “Black Candy” paper-in-oil capacitor, $14 upgrade
- P1 – bridge pickup
- P2 – bridge & neck, in-parallel (normal Tele tone)
- P3 – neck pickup
- P4 – bridge & neck, in-series (about 15% more power & better tone!)
- 1 CTS or Bourns Pro Series volume pot, 500k value, audio taper
- 1 CTS or Bourns Pro Series tone pot, 500k value, linear taper
- Reverse-wired w/switch at the bottom & volume at the top
- Bourns 500k push/pull pot for the middle pickup volume for series/parallel
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, .022mfd value
- 4-way lever style switch
- Switchcraft mono output jack
- Gavitt vintage style, cloth covered wire
- tech support phone & email
While we make all of our wiring harnesses to be installed rather easily, we always recommend that you take your guitar, Hoagland Custom wiring harness, and the wiring diagram to your local guitar technician for installation. There are a lot of variables (grounding, pickup wires colors, etc., etc.) and they will be equipped to get your guitar sounding it’s BEST!