Hoagland Custom, located in sunny Fernandina Beach, Florida, has specialized in custom guitar wiring and pickup making for over 25 years…
& we love what we do!
This is a REVERSE-WIRED Telecaster Esquire wiring harness with 3-way switching… that is, the switch is located at the bottom of the wiring harness toward the output jack & the volume control is at the top towards the neck.
A lot of players like this setup because it keeps them from accidently hitting the switch lever & changing pickup selections in the middle of a tune. The switch is towards the jack which is out of the way of strumming.
This Tele Esquire wiring solution is made with premium quality parts… CTS, Bourns Pro Series, Switchcraft, Sprague, Gavitt.
- chrome control plate & mounting screws are available at slight additional cost
- chrome control plate w/slanted switch & mounting screws are available at slight additional cost
- black control plate & mounting screws are available at slight additional cost
- gold control plate & mounting screws are available at slight additional cost
- nickel control plate & mounting screws are available at slight additional cost
- optional “Pure Tone” output jack (available at slight additional cost)
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, as standard & no additional cost, .022mfd value
- MojoTone Dijon Premium Foil/Film capacitor, .022mfd value, $3 upgrade (From the manufacturer: “Mojotone Dijon capacitors are high quality foil/film capacitors made to our exact specification. We like to call them musical capacitors because of their good tone and transparency.”)
- Mallory “Mustard” capacitor, .022mfd value, $4 upgrade
- Centralab “White” mylar-in-oil capacitor, .022mfd vale, $13 upgrade
- Vitamin T “Silver Barrel” paper-in-oil capacitor, .022mfd value, $14 upgrade
- Vitamin Q “Black Candy” paper-in-oil capacitor, .022mfd value, $16 upgrade
- P1 – both coils in-parallel (normal Tele tone)
- P2 – split to a single coil
- P3 – both coils in-series (a 15% boost in power and better tone!)
- CTS or Bourns Pro Series volume control, 500k value, audio taper
- CTS or Bourns Pro Series tone control, 500k value, linear taper
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, .022mfd value
- 3-way lever style switch
- Reverse-wired (switch is at the bottom)
- Switchcraft mono output jack
- Gavitt vintage style, cloth covered wire
- east to follow wiring diagram
- tech support phone & email
While all of our wiring solutions are built to be installed rather easily, we always recommend that you have a guitar professional at your local guitar shop install it for you.