Hoagland Custom, located in sunny Fernandina Beach, Florida, has been building high quality guitar wiring harnesses & pickups for over 25 years… & we love what we do!
This is a REVERSE-WIRED Standard Telecaster wiring harness with 3-way switching… that is, the switch is located at the bottom of the wiring harness toward the output jack & the volume control is at the top towards the neck.
A lot of players like this setup because it keeps them from accidently hitting the switch lever & changing pickup selections in the middle of a tune. The switch is towards the jack which is out of the way of strumming.
This Tele wiring harness is rock solid!
It is a standard 3-way switching Telecaster wiring harness.
This does NOT include the control plate.
HARDWARE: (included are dress nuts & washers and switch mounting screws)
- optional chrome control plate & mounting screws (available but NOT included)
- optional chrome “slanted switch” control plate & mounting screws (available but NOT included)
- optional black control plate & mounting screws (available but NOT included)
- optional gold control plate & mounting screws (available but NOT included)
- optional nickel control plate & mounting screws (available but NOT included)
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, as standard & no additional cost
- MojoTone Dijon Premium Foil/Film capacitor, $3 upgrade (From the manufacturer: “Mojotone Dijon capacitors are high quality foil/film capacitors made to our exact specification. We like to call them musical capacitors because of their good tone and transparency.”)
- Mallory “Mustard” capacitor, $4 upgrade
- Vitamin T “Silver Barrel” paper-in-oil capacitor, $14 upgrade
- P1 – bridge only
- P2 – neck & bridge pickups, in-parallel (normal Tele tone)
- P3 – neck only
- 1 CTS or Bourns Pro Series volume control, 250k value, audio taper
- 1 CTS or Bourns Pro Series tone control, 250k value, linear taper
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, .047mfd value
- 3-way lever style switch
- Switchcraft mono output jack
- Gavitt vintage style, cloth covered wire
- tech support phone & email
While all of our wiring solutions are built to be installed rather easily, we always recommend that you have a guitar professional at your local guitar shop install it for you.