Hoagland Custom, located in sunny Fernandina Beach, Florida, has been building high quality guitar wiring harnesses & pickups for over 25 years… & we love what we do!
This is a REVERSE-WIRED “Ultimate Twang” Telecaster wiring harness with 4-way switching… that is, the switch is located at the bottom of the wiring harness toward the output jack & the volume control is at the top towards the neck.
A lot of players like this setup because it keeps them from accidently hitting the switch lever & changing pickup selections in the middle of a tune. The switch is towards the jack which is out of the way of strumming.
This “ULTIMATE TWANG” Tele wiring harness gives you the most “twang” of all of our wiring harnesses. If you’re looking for that “Bruce Springsteen-style” twang, this is it!
The 4-way switch gives you an additional switch position… series/parallel switching. A GREAT option!
HARDWARE: (included are dress washer/nuts and switch mounting screws)
- optional chrome control plate & mounting screws
- optional chrome “slanted switch” control plate & mounting screws
- optional nickel control plate & mounting screws
- optional black control plate & mounting screws
- optional gold control plate & mounting screws
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, as standard & no additional cost
- MojoTone Dijon Premium Foil/Film capacitor, $3 upgrade (From the manufacturer: “Mojotone Dijon capacitors are high quality foil/film capacitors made to our exact specification. We like to call them musical capacitors because of their good tone and transparency.”)
- Mallory “Mustard” capacitor, $4 upgrade
- Vitamin T “Silver Barrel” paper-in-oil capacitor, $14 upgrade
- P1 – bridge only
- P2 – neck & bridge pickups, in-parallel (normal Tele tone)
- P3 – neck only
- P4 – neck & bridge pickups, in-series (15% higher output & better tone!)
- 1 CTS or Bourns Pro Series tone control, 250k value, linear taper
- 1 CTS or Bourns Pro Series volume control, 1meg value, linear taper
- Reverse-wired – the switch is at the bottom & the volume is at the top (closest to the neck)
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, .047mfd value
- treble bleed modification
- 4-way lever style switch
- Switchcraft mono output jack
- Gavitt vintage style, cloth covered wire
- tech support phone & email
While all of our wiring solutions are built to be installed rather easily, we always recommend that you have a guitar professional at your local guitar shop install it for you.