Hoagland Custom has specialized in custom guitar wiring and pickup making for over 25 years and we love what we do!
Rory Buchanan (September 23, 1939 – August 14, 1988) was an American guitarist and blues musician. A pioneer of the Telecaster sound, Buchanan worked as a sideman and as a solo artist, with two gold albums early in his career and two later solo albums that made it to the Billboard chart. He never achieved stardom, but he is still considered a highly influential guitar player. “Guitar Player” praised him as having one of the “50 Greatest Tones of All Time.” He appeared on the PBS music program “Austin City Limits” in 1977 (season 2).
This is a reproduction of his famous “Nancy” 1953 Tele wiring.
AVAILABLE HARDWARE: (included are dress washers/nuts and switch mounting screws)
- chrome control plate, mounting screws (available but not included)
- nickel control plate, nuts, washers, mounting screws (available but not included)
- black control plate, nuts, washers, mounting screws (available but not included)
- gold control plate, nuts, washers, mounting screws (available but not included)
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, as standard & no additional cost
- MojoTone Dijon Premium Foil/Film capacitor, $3 upgrade (From the manufacturer: “Mojotone Dijon capacitors are high quality foil/film capacitors made to our exact specification. We like to call them musical capacitors because of their good tone and transparency.”)
- Mallory “Mustard” capacitor, $4 upgrade
- Vitamin T “Silver Barrel” paper-in-oil capacitor, $12 upgrade
- P1 – Bridge pickup only – with tone control
- P2 – Neck pickup only – with tone control
- P3 – Neck pickup only – fixed, bassy sound, no tone control
- 2 CTS or Bourns Pro Series controls, 250k value, audio taper
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, .047mfd value
- .1mfd cap
- 3-way lever style switch
- Switchcraft mono output jack
- vintage style, cloth covered wire
- easy-to-follow wiring diagram
- tech support phone & email
While all of our wiring solutions are built to be installed rather easily, we always recommend that you have a guitar professional at your local guitar shop install it for you. There are issues that sometimes come up during installation (grounding, shielding, etc.) and your local guitar tech is equipped to diagnose & handle those for you.
Contact Hoagland Custom with any questions regarding this wiring solution, our custom, handcrafted Hoagland Custom pickups, or any other guitar wiring solution that you might need.