Hoagland Custom, located in sunny Fernandina Beach, Florida, has specialized in custom guitar wiring and pickup building for over 25 years… & we love what we do!
This is a standard Les Paul style wiring harness. 4 long-shaft CTS volume & tone pots and a Switchcraft mono output jack. It is “drop in ready”. That is, you only need to connect the pickups and ground wire from your bridge. EASY!
It really doesn’t get any easier than this!
Not everyone needs a new switch so it is not included but it is available as an option if you need it.
Technical information regarding this Les Paul harness:
CONTROL POT SPECS:
- Resistance – 500K
- Taper – the pots are audio taper
- Knob type – 24 spline shaft
- Shaft diameter – 0.235″ (5.95mm)
- Thread type – 3/8″-32
- Threaded shaft length – 19mm / 3/4″ (long-shaft)
- Required mounting hole diameter – 3/8″ (9.52mm)
- Sprague/CDE “Orange Drop” poly capacitors (2), .022mfd values – standard
- Mojo Dijon Coupling poly capacitors (2), .022mfd values – $6 upgrade
- Mallory “Mustard” poly capacitors (2), .022mfd values – $8 upgrade
- Centralab “White” mylar-in-oil capacitors (2), .022mfd values – $26 upgrade
- Vitamin T “Silver Barrel” paper-in-oil capacitors (2), .022mfd values – $28 upgrade
- Vitamin Q “Black Candy” paper-in-oil capacitors (2), .022mfd values – $28 upgrade
- Bumblebee (reproductions) paper-in-oil capacitors (2), .022mfd values – $110 upgrade
STANDARD OUTPUT JACK SPECS:
- Brand – Switchcraft
- Style – mono
- Mounting hole diameter – 3/8″ (9.52mm)
- Thread – 3/8″ x 32
- Thread length – 1/4″ (6.35m)
HARDWARE: (includes dress nuts & washers)
- chrome (standard)
- black (available at small additional cost)
- gold (available at small additional cost)
- P1 – Bridge pickup only
- P2 – Neck & bridge pickups together, in-series
- P3 – Neck pickup only
- 4 – 500k CTS volume & tone controls, 500k value, long-shaft (19mm – 3/4″), audio taper
- 2 – Sprague/CDE “Orange Drop” poly capacitors, .022mfd value
- Switchcraft mono output jack
- Gavitt vintage style, cloth covered wire (where possible)
- easy-to-follow wiring diagram
- tech support phone & email
Contact Hoagland Custom with any questions regarding this wiring solution, our custom, handcrafted Hoagland Custom pickups, or any other guitar wiring solution that you might need.