Hoagland Custom, located in sunny Fernandina Beach, Florida, has specialized in custom guitar wiring and pickup making for almost 30 years…
& we love what we do!
This is a standard Les Paul style wiring harness. 2 volume pots, 2 tone pots, & a Switchcraft mono output jack. It is “drop in ready”. That is, you only need to connect the pickups, switch, & ground wire from your bridge. EASY!
It really doesn’t get any easier than this!
Not everyone needs a new switch so it is not included but it is available here on our website if you need it. If you order a switch in combination with this Les Paul style wiring harness, it will come with 18″ leads (red, white, black, green wires).
Technical information regarding this Les Paul harness:
CONTROL POT SPECS:
- Resistance – 500K
- Taper – the short-shaft & long-shaft volume pots are audio taper, the short-shaft tone pots are linear taper & the long-shaft tone pots are audio taper
- Knob type – 24 spline shaft
- Shaft diameter – 0.235″ (5.95mm)
- Threaded shaft length – 9mm / 3/8″ (short-shaft) or 19mm / 3/4″ (long-shaft)
- Required mounting hole diameter – 3/8″ (9.52mm)
- Sprague/CDE “Orange Drop” poly capacitors (2), .022mfd values
STANDARD OUTPUT JACK SPECS:
- Brand – Switchcraft
- Style – mono
- Mounting hole diameter – 3/8″ (9.52mm)
- Thread length – 1/4″
HARDWARE: (includes dress nuts & washers)
- STANDARD – silver dress nuts, washers, & output jack
- OPTIONAL – black or gold dress nuts, washers, & output jack
- OPTIONAL – “Pure Tone” premium mono output jack
- P1 – Bridge pickup only
- P2 – Neck & bridge pickups together, in-series
- P3 – Neck pickup only
- 2 – CTS brand volume controls, 500k value, short threads (9mm – 3/8″), audio taper or long threads (19mm – 3/4″), audio taper
- 2 – CTS brand tone controls, 500k value, short threads (9mm – 3/8″), linear taper OR long threads (19mm – 3/4″), audio taper
- 2 – Sprague/CDE “Orange Drop” poly capacitors, .022mfd value
- Switchcraft mono output jack
- Gavitt vintage style, cloth covered wire (where possible)
- easy-to-follow wiring diagram
- tech support phone & email
Contact Hoagland Custom with any questions regarding this wiring solution, our custom, handcrafted Hoagland Custom pickups, or any other guitar wiring solution that you might need.