Hoagland Custom is a guitar custom shop located in Fernandina Beach, Florida.
This is a complete Stratocaster style 1 volume, 2 tone control, 5-way lever switch wiring harness kit. It includes everything that you need (aside from the soldering gun) to build a very high quality wiring harness for your standard Strat or other 1 volume, 2 tone control guitar.
- 1 – 250k CTS or Bourns Pro Series audio taper, short-shaft (3/8″ or 9mm) volume control
- 2 – 250k CTS or Bourns Pro Series linear taper, short-shaft (3/8″ or 9mm) tone controls
- 1 – .047 value Sprague “Orange Drop” capacitor
- 5-way lever style switch
- 1 Switchcraft output jack
- 3′ of vintage style, cloth-covered wire (18″ each of black and white)
- a detailed, easy to understand wiring diagram (not a technical sheet)
- a generous amount of solder
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, as standard & no additional cost
- MojoTone Dijon Premium Foil/Film capacitor, $3 upgrade (From the manufacturer: “Mojotone Dijon capacitors are high quality foil/film capacitors made to our exact specification. We like to call them musical capacitors because of their good tone and transparency.”)
- Mallory “Mustard” capacitor, $4 upgrade
- Vitamin T “Silver Barrel” paper-in-oil capacitor, $12 upgrade
SWITCHING POSITIONS WITH THIS WIRING HARNESS KIT:
- P1 – Bridge pickup only
- P2 – Bridge & middle pickups
- P3 – Middle pickup only
- P4 – Neck & middle pickups
- P5 – Neck pickup only
While all of our pickup & wiring solutions & kits are built to be installed rather easily by most do-it-yourselfers, we always recommend that you have a guitar professional at your local guitar shop install them for you.
This standard Strat style wiring harness is not considered complex and should be easy for a beginning DIY’er.
Contact Hoagland Custom with any questions regarding these handcrafted Hoagland Custom pickups, or any other guitar wiring solution that you might need.