Hoagland Custom located in sunny Fernandina Beach, Florida, has specialized in custom guitar wiring and pickup making for over 25 years…
& we love what we do!
This is a Stratocaster wiring solution with the famous “Greasebucket” tone mod. It is built with high quality parts and crafted by hand. This wiring harness will give you great service for years!
It is built exactly to the famous Fender® “Greasebucket” spec.
There is a great article on this mod in Premiere Guitar Magazine. Here is a link to it: Premiere Guitar Magazine article
This tone mod is unique. According to Fender: “The Greasebucket tone circuit adds a a new dimension to your tone, the effect is that when rolled down, the tone pot reduces the high frequencies, but does not add bass.”
This mod is a GREAT tone mod and a really good way to roll off the highs and lows without getting muddy sounding.
HARDWARE: (incl. dress nuts & washers, & switch mounting screws)
- chrome (standard)
- black (available at a slight additional cost)
- gold (available at a slight additional cost)
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly caps (2), .022mfd values
- .1mfd ceramic disk caps (2)
- P1 – bridge pickup only
- P2 – middle & bridge pickups
- P3 – middle pickup only
- P4 – middle & neck pickups
- P5 – neck pickup only
- 1 CTS or Bourns Pro Series volume control, 250k value, audio taper
- 2 CTS or Bourns Pro Series tone controls, 250k value, linear taper
- 2 Sprague “Orange Drop” poly caps, .022mfd value
- 2 ceramic disk caps, .1mfd values
- 2 – 4.7k resistors
- 5-way lever style switch
- Switchcraft mono output jack
- Gavitt vintage style, cloth covered wire
- easy to follow wiring diagram
- tech support phone & email
While all of our wiring solutions are built to be installed rather easily, we always recommend that you have a guitar professional at your local guitar shop install it for you. There are a lot of variables (pickup brands & types, shielding, grounding, etc.) and your local guitar tech is well equipped to solve any installation problems you might have and get your guitar sounding it’s best!
Contact Hoagland Custom with any questions regarding this wiring solution, our custom, handcrafted Hoagland Custom pickups, or any other guitar wiring solution that you might need.