Hoagland Custom, located in sunny Fernandina Beach, Florida, has specialized in quality custom guitar wiring and pickup building for over 25 years and we love what we do!
If you are confused about pot values because you are running a humbucker in the bridge position & a single coil neck pickup, this harness will fix that problem!
This incorporates 500k pots to accommodate the bridge humbucker but also has a 470pf resistor inline with the single coil so the single coil won’t sound too thin or bright!
With this harness, your humbucker will sound like it should and so will your single coil.
HARDWARE: (included are dress washers/nuts and switch mounting screws)
- optional chrome control plate & mounting screws
- optional chrome control plate /slanted switch & mounting screws
- optional nickel control plate & mounting screws
- optional black control plate & mounting screws
- optional gold control plate & mounting screws
- optional “Pure Tone” premium mono output jack
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, as standard & no additional cost
- MojoTone Dijon Premium Foil/Film capacitor, $3 upgrade (From the manufacturer: “Mojotone Dijon capacitors are high quality foil/film capacitors made to our exact specification. We like to call them musical capacitors because of their good tone and transparency.”)
- Mallory “Mustard” capacitor, $4 upgrade
- Centralab “White” mylar-in-oil tone capacitor, $13 upgrade
- Vitamin T “Silver Barrel” paper-in-oil tone capacitor, $14 upgrade
- Vitamin Q “Black Candy” paper-in-oil tone capacitor, $14 upgrade
- P1 – bridge only
- P2 – neck & bridge pickups, in-parallel
- P3 – neck only
- 1 CTS or Bourns Pro Series tone control, 500k value, linear taper
- 1 CTS or Bourns Pro Series volume control, 500k value, audio taper
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, .022mfd value
- 470pf resistor
- 3-way lever style switch
- Switchcraft mono output jack
- Gavitt vintage style, cloth covered wire
- tech support phone & email
While all of our wiring solutions are built to be installed rather easily, we always recommend that you have a guitar professional at your local guitar shop install it for you.