Hoagland Custom, located in sunny Fernandina Beach, Florida, has specialized in custom guitar wiring and pickup making for over 25 years… & we love what we do!
This Tele wiring harness is rock solid!
It is a standard 3-way switching Telecaster wiring harness with a push/pull (or an optional push/push) tone pot to phase-reverse the neck pickup.
The result of phase-reversing a pickup is a squawky, inside-out kind of sound…
Control plates are available but NOT included.
- chrome (optional control plate & mounting screws)
- black (optional control plate & mounting screws)
- gold (optional control plate & mounting screws)
- nickel (optional control plate & mounting screws)
- Hardware includes dress nuts & washers and switch mounting screws
- optional “Pure Tone” premium mono output jack
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, as standard & no additional cost
- MojoTone Dijon Premium Foil/Film capacitor, $3 upgrade (From the manufacturer: “Mojotone Dijon capacitors are high quality foil/film capacitors made to our exact specification. We like to call them musical capacitors because of their good tone and transparency.”)
- Mallory “Mustard” capacitor, $4 upgrade
- Centralab “Royal Blue” mylar-in-oil capacitor, $13 upgrade
- Vitamin T “Silver Barrel” paper-in-oil capacitor, $14 upgrade
THREE SWITCHING POSITIONS:
- P1 – bridge only, full
- P2 – with push/pull tone in the UP position – Full bridge and phase-reversed neck
- P2 – with push/pull tone in the DOWN position – neck & bridge pickups, in-parallel (normal Tele tone)
- P3 – neck only, full
- CTS or Bourns Pro Series volume control, 250k value, audio taper
- Bourns or Alpha push/pull tone control, 250k value, linear taper (optional push/push pot available)
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, .047mfd value
- High quality 3-way lever style switch
- Switchcraft mono output jack
- Gavitt vintage style, cloth covered wire
- tech support phone & email
While all of our wiring solutions are built to be installed rather easily, we always recommend that you have a guitar professional at your local guitar shop install it for you.