Hoagland Custom is a guitar custom shop located in Columbus, Ohio. We are a DIY based shop, that is, we carry a TON of parts and tools for the do-it-yourselfer.
This is a custom-wound, handcrafted set of three (3) “Stevie Ray Vaughan” Style Strat pickups. This set ROCKS!
- ~ Neck – a 10% overwind at 6.6k with alnico 5 magnets
- ~ Middle – a 10% overwind at 6.6k with alnico 5 magnets, RWRP
- ~ Bridge – a WHOPPING 12.9k, a 215% overwind!
- ~ Wax-potted to eliminate squealing & microphonics
- ~ Vintage-style, cloth-covered leads
- ~ Handcrafted with all “Made in the USA” parts (bobbins in North Carolina, magnets in Arkansas, pickup wire in Wisconsin, lead wire in New York)
- ~ covers included (Please specify color. If no color choice is made, we will supply white covers as our default)
There are a lot of variables that go into creating, or recreating a tone. While each item in your signal chain is important, no one item will do the job. Pickups, along with the way your guitar is wired, are probably the most important parts in your signal chain. Changing out the pickups/wiring has the biggest impact on your sound. If you are looking to replicate that bluesy, SRV tone, THIS is where you start.
The bridge overwind will give you the biggest, grittiest, bluesiest tone you’ve ever heard. Premium quality pickups that are handwound when you order them. We can custom-tailor the winding to any spec that you’d like.
These pickups are handcrafted by Hoagland Custom and wound specifically FOR YOU. They are NOT “off-the-shelf” pickups. They are NOT relabeled imported pickups. We make these in our shop and they are the highest quality pickups you can buy made from 100% American made parts.
While all of our pickup & wiring solutions are built to be installed rather easily by most do-it-yourselfers, we always recommend that you have a guitar professional at your local guitar shop install them for you.
Contact Hoagland Custom with any questions regarding these handcrafted Hoagland Custom pickups, or any other guitar wiring solution that you might need.