Hoagland Custom, located in sunny Fernandina Beach, Florida, has specialized in custom guitar wiring and pickup making for over 25 years and we love what we do!
This is a Stratocaster wiring solution built with high quality parts and crafted by hand. This wiring harness will give you great service for years! We only use the highest quality parts for our wiring harnesses.
This Hoagland Custom Stratocaster style wiring harness is made for 2 single coils (neck & middle) and a splittable (4 or 5 leads/wires) humbucker in the bridge position.
If you’d like the option of a single coil in the bridge position or a humbucker in the bridge position, this harness is for YOU! You can switch back and forth WITHOUT A PUSH/PULL.
HARDWARE: (incl. dress nuts & washers, & switch mounting screws)
- chrome (standard)
- black, $10 upgrade
- gold, $10 upgrade
- Optional “Pure Tone” premium output jack, $6 upgrade
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitors (2), as standard & no additional cost (good)
- Mojo Dijon Premium Foil/Film capacitors (2), $6 upgrade (Better)
- Mallory “Mustard” capacitors (2), $8 upgrade (Better)
- Centralab “Royal Blue” mylar-in-oil capacitors (2), $26 upgrade (BEST!)
- Vitamin T “Silver Barrel” paper-in-oil capacitors (2), $28 upgrade (BEST!)
- Vitamin Q “Black Candy” paper-in-oil capacitors (2), $28 upgrade (BEST!
- P1 – bridge only, full humbucker in-series
- P2 – bridge (split to north coil only) & middle pickup (in-parallel)
- P3 – middle pickup only
- P4 – neck & middle pickup, in-parallel
- P5 – neck only
- 1 CTS or Bourns Pro Series volume control, 500k value, audio taper
- 2 CTS or Bourns Pro Series tone controls, 250k value, linear taper
- 2 Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitors, .047mfd values
- High quality 5-way lever style switch
- Switchcraft mono output jack
- Gavitt vintage style, cloth covered wire
- easy to follow wiring diagram
- tech support phone & email
While all of our wiring solutions are built to be installed rather easily, we always recommend that you have a guitar professional at your local guitar shop install it for you. There are a lot of variables (pickup brands & types, shielding, grounding, etc.) and your local guitar tech is well equipped to solve any installation problems you might have and get your guitar sounding it’s best!