Hoagland Custom has specialized in custom guitar wiring and pickup making for over 25 years and we love what we do!
This is a Stratocaster wiring solution built with high quality parts and crafted by hand. This wiring harness will give you great service for years! We only use the highest quality parts for our wiring harnesses.
This wiring harness is for a 2 humbucker Stratocaster. It features a 3-way switch rather than the standard Strat 5-way.
It also features a “No-Load” tone pot, effectively dialing out the resistance of the pot and removing it from the circuit. The effect is more highs and increased tonal response from your humbuckers!
Your two humbuckers must either have 4 or 5 leads to work with this harness. They must be splittable pickups.
HARDWARE: (incl. dress nuts & washers, & switch mounting screws)
- chrome (standard)
- black (available at a slight cost)
- gold (available at a slight cost)
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, as standard & no additional cost
- MojoTone Dijon Premium Foil/Film capacitor, $3 upgrade (From the manufacturer: “Mojotone Dijon capacitors are high quality foil/film capacitors made to our exact specification. We like to call them musical capacitors because of their good tone and transparency.”)
- Mallory “Mustard” capacitor, $4 upgrade
- Emerson Custom paper-in-oil capacitor, $24 upgrade
SWITCHING POSITIONS: (with the push/pull volume in the “DOWN” position)
- P1 – bridge humbucker, full
- P2 – neck & bridge humbucker, full
- P3 – neck humbucker, full
(with the push/pull volume in the “UP” position)
- P1 – bridge humbucker, split to single coil
- P2 – neck & bridge humbucker, both split to single coils
- P3 – neck humbucker, split to single coil
- 1 Bourns or Alpha push/pull or push/push volume control, 500k value
- 1 CTS “No-Load” tone control, 500k value
- 1 Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, .022mfd value
- 3-way lever style switch
- Switchcraft mono output jack
- vintage style, cloth covered wire
- easy to follow wiring diagram
- tech support phone & email
While all of our wiring solutions are built to be installed rather easily, we always recommend that you have a guitar professional at your local guitar shop install it for you. There are a lot of variables (pickup brands & types, shielding, grounding, etc.) and your local guitar tech is well equipped to solve any installation problems you might have and get your guitar sounding it’s best!